• Replies 21 Comments
  • Views 1,874 Views

Bay Bud

fat old guy
Since
May 4, 2011
Score
Tokens
all hail the king on the 77th anniversary of his born day.

used to have a cake for this every year growing up

rip mom :(

actually, tomorrow is his birthday, but they have been doing shit at Graceland since thursday for his dead ass...unreal some of the stupid shit that old tourists are interested in...

http://www.elvis.com/events/birthday_celebration.aspx

to be honest, Graceland is in a really shitty part of town... there are 3 main things to do on elvis presley blvd.... go see Graceland, buy drugs or pick up a skank hooker...thats it, no other reason to go near that part of town...it really amazes me that the place still gets so much touristy traffic

to be honest, Graceland is in a really shitty part of town... there are 3 main things to do on elvis presley blvd.... go see Graceland, buy drugs or pick up a skank hooker...

As Meatloaf likes to sing: "two outta three ain't bad".

:thumbsup:

actually, tomorrow is his birthday, but they have been doing shit at Graceland since thursday for his dead ass...unreal some of the stupid shit that old tourists are interested in...

http://www.elvis.com/events/birthday_celebration.aspx

to be honest, Graceland is in a really shitty part of town... there are 3 main things to do on elvis presley blvd.... go see Graceland, buy drugs or pick up a skank hooker...thats it, no other reason to go near that part of town...it really amazes me that the place still gets so much touristy traffic

If my mom were still around, I guarantee she would've visited Graceland a few more times. I don't know what kind of effect he had on women back then but it must've been bloody strong because she adored him. Now that I think of it I wonder how my dad felt about it all.

I visited Graceland when I was younger. I got to tell you that it lost it's aura since Elvis died. Not the same without him.

If my mom were still around, I guarantee she would've visited Graceland a few more times. I don't know what kind of effect he had on women back then but it must've been bloody strong because she adored him. Now that I think of it I wonder how my dad felt about it all.

My Mom loved him too, this is a pic of his birthday right after he lost his mom. Its like Nick tosches said, we'll never understand elvis, poor kid from a Mississippi shack raised in the Memphis projects, loved black music,gospel but could sing any style from dean martin to rockabilly , looks like an italian. The last years of his life his voice was just an incredible baritone, even though he was sick his singing voice just kept getting deeper.

Happy-Birthday-Elvis_Birthday-Cake.jpg

every little/middle school in the city and surrounding counties takes a field trip there...i went once with school and went with some west coast family about 10-15 yrs ago...i guess it means something more to older folks who might have grown up with his music, but the graceland tour and stuff was boring as fuck to me...ill never understand , but what i will understand even less, is people making return visits :clueless:

actually, tomorrow is his birthday

rayray, i always work a day ahead.

i've been to memphis 5-6 times in my life, and never visited graceland, even when i was there and elvis was still alive. last two times i was there, i stayed in germantown and cabbed back-&-forth to downtown/beale st. area. wife tours graceland every time we go, but i've never seen it.

I love this 1968 special , just him and guitar and a few guys from sun

Phenomenal vocalist. Couldn't write a hit song if his life depended on it. Happy Birthday, Elvis.

Oh, guy was a total badass in the 68' (69'?) comeback special. Beyond cool. :yes:

My favourite Elvis song ever... if I drink too much whiskey and this comes on, run ( I get emotional and/or frisky depending on how good the whiskey is) :)

As Meatloaf likes to sing: "two outta three ain't bad".

:thumbsup:

nmeatloaf didnt wtite that

waylon jenning u FOK...
and thj best thing since waylon is JJ

Love black and white photography. America in the 1950s

Elvis birthday after his mom died

images

james dean

NSAP1767_LARGE.JPG

James dean apartment new york

James-Dean-in-his-New-York-appartment1.jpg

James-Dean-with-a-Rolleiflex_thumb.jpg