guitar discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 243 Comments
  • Views 18,983 Views
Had a full band rehearsal today for the first time in 21 years (Northern Mars was a studio project back in 2005 so that doesn’t count).

FEELS GOOD MAN

I will attempt to post a photo of my pedalboard soon.

Matty, does your company make a Boost and/or Buffer pedal? I’m in the market for one

Yes and yes. Buffer is based on the Klon Centaur's which everyone is praising for whatever reason (it's a very basic yet effective opamp buffer). The boost I've made so far is based on the Echoplex preamp. It's not what you'd call a clean or transparent boost though - it adds quite a bit of grit.

Matty did you increase followers/sales from the national TV exposure?

Sales are definitely trending up - the last couple months have been pretty good - but I don't think it has anything to do with the video or radio interview I did. The vid will only go on TV if I win the award on the 25th. And the radio interview was only broadcast in Ontario (500k French speakers.)

Interesting phenomenon though over the last week - people have started emailing me asking for a job. Three of them so far.

(I can't really afford staff, unless their salary is subsidized. Looking into that right now.)

Can you read a schematic and set up an electric guitar? I need semi-skilled slaves.

Another media request just came through. Again about French-speaking entrepreneurs in Toronto. I'm a 🦄.

Muddy! Do you know this guy? Name is Rick Santers. Rick let me put my pickups in his 1964 Stratocaster. It sounds fokkin GLORIOUS. 🤘🤓

He was part of Triumph (?) at some point? Wifey knows the songs.

The guitar above is in a music vid from 1984:

I remember Triumph. They were from right here in Mississauga I believe. They were pretty big (in a Canadian way) during my prime music-listening years. I was never much of a fan but there were always people around me who were.

Got the PolyTune 3 mini tuner today. I like it!

It has a built in buffer.

I was exhibiting my wares at a guitar show in Montreal last weekend and this old guy came by to show me pedal prototypes that he wished someone would manufacture. One of them was a clone of a Roland Funny Cat, which is half an envelope filter and half a gnarly distortion. It sounded really cool.

The guy was Mark Hammer, who is known by all pedal builders for his prolific Internet posting habit. Guy is a wealth of knowledge - he has taught us all a bunch of things. Mad scientist type in overalls.

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_154930.jpg
    IMG_20190915_154930.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 250
After auditioning 4 drummers, we have chosen a fella who moved to my area from Edmonton a couple of years ago.

A very pleasant, very Canadian fella.

When it comes to drummers, I’ll gladly sacrifice some minor technical drawbacks for some pleasantness.