guitar discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 243 Comments
  • Views 18,983 Views
After a ridiculous amount of time spent scouring the ends of the Internet in search of the best compression pedal for me, I’ve decided on the Diamond (which as of now I can only find used which I don’t love) or the Wampler Ego (with Blend control).

I like the subtle simplicity of the Diamond but I’m not a fan of buying used pedals. The Wampler will require way more tinkering (which I’m not a big fan of) on my part but I’ve yet to hear anyone do anything but rave about the Wampler.

So I ultimately found a new Diamond CPR-1 Compression pedal.

It arrived yesterday. Bought it on Reverb.

It doesn’t work.

Step on the switch, the light turns green and it just kills the signal completely.

I sent the seller (The Guitar Sanctuary) a message yesterday. Haven’t heard back yet.

Sheeit, that sucks. If you'd bought it used I'd offer to fix it next month when I'm in town, but there's no sense in poking at a new, warrantied pedal. Hopefully they have more in stock.

Matty named a guitar pedal after our favorite forum administrator.

:hattip:

I like the graphics on the pedal, too.

My Diamond Compression pedal is working and it’s glorious.

I didz.

OeG5cs6.jpg

Graphics a printed on a cheap shipping label for now, final thing will be silkscreened.

Matty, have you heard the Fallout Cloud (formerly Muffroom Cloud) fuzz pedal by Thorpy FX?

I might have to choke up the $230 for one.

Sounds SOOOOO friggin good.

I just looked up Andy's old PGS demo, sounds good. Guessing it's Big Muff derivative? Sounds like a clearer, lower gain Muff.

In 18 months Matty will be too famous to post at Gamelive.

I wanna get so rich and famous that I can do nothing BUT post on Gamelive. :mattyrain:

:pepe:

Boys, in a very strange turn of events, I have somehow come to reunite with 3 former band members that I had not seen in 20 years. And none of them had been keeping in touch either.

20 years, man.

This all happened within a span of about 5 months. They one by one came back into my life. One guy I hadn’t seen or spoken to in 25 years and we picked up right where we left off in terms of our friendship.

We just booked rehearsal space time in April. We are going to re-learn 3 of our old songs and wait, could it possibly be, maybe write new material.....?

The true Twilight Zone aspect of this is......

I hadn’t picked up my guitar in 10 years and then I out of the blue start playing again and BAM, I reconnect with these guys within months.