• Replies 10 Comments
  • Views 1,336 Views

mrquincy

Generally Specific
Since
Feb 24, 2011
Score
Tokens
Greetings and salutations... I hope youse guise are good. I'm back in the GTA (Toronto) a lot more these days... Hunting for guitars and working..life is good.

I just saw this video and it explains the whole Russian Troll thing and I wanted to see what you folks had to say about it and if you've ever experienced anything like it. It seems very plausible to me.

[/PLAYER]
[PLAYER][/PLAYER]

what explains the Russian troll thing is that we live in a society, where if anybody has an opinion, they have to be a Russian troll by definition. What's scary is how easy it is for people in power to turn the majority of the public into hateful bigots, and make them accepting or even ready to support any vilification, or even attack against supposed enemy.
....How afraid the indispensable purveyors of democracy are of expression of opinion. Whatever you do, do not engage in a conversation with anybody not approved by our 17(?) war agencies.

So what? This is quite benign compared to what the US has done in other countries. As you sow, so shall you reap. If you talk of polarisation during the elections, is Trump a bot too? Would it have been fine if they were American bots? Marketing i.e. propaganda and internet are quintessentially American - don't cry if you get beat at your own game.

I had heard the terms troll and bot etc but I never really bothered to figure out how it all worked... I brilliant really...

I find the vid to be a uneven presentation of facts, theories and conclusions.

The notion that stirring up the stupid, hysterical portion of the American population is somehow good for Russia seems pretty absurd. All those knee-jerking, trigger-happy dipshits have votes in a country with a catastrophically huge, earth-threatening arsenal ---> not good for anyone.

Not saying that's not Russia's motivation, just saying that if it is, they're pretty damn stupid too.

Hey, don't be trying to mislead our public, that's our job

what's great about the whole elections/russia/fb/whatever is that it readily exposes, at least to a few more people, how propaganda has always worked in all countries from all sides with all objectives

re the US, nothing will come out of it

it should, but I'm worried that all the anti-Russia hype, on all fronts, is intentional conditioning of the public to make an attack acceptable. Ie the attack is planned.

it should,

it should but it won't, nobody wants to admit they can be influenced without their knowledge or consent

stuff like that only happens in banana republics is the general attitude in America