Great News For Soccer Fans In The US: NBC Gets EPL TV Rights For Next 3 Years!

• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 1,213 Views
This would be cool! Saulty, would the EPL get even more big name players now? I could see an afternoon game here doing decent on Sat or even Sunday depending on the time of year!

never thought I'd say this...

but I'm actually taking a liking to kickball :sweden:

iifold must be winning some cash from it! Nice! :yes:

never thought I'd say this...

but I'm actually taking a liking to kickball :sweden:

anything is better than NBC's golf coverage...ANYTHING! :yes:

I hope they put it on the broadcast channel. Have the 7am and 10am match then follow by an hour preview of the NFL. They must stick to having it live, true fans wake up for the games. If they delay them to get a wider audience it will suck.

I'm not sure this is great news; in fact, I am skeptical. I am getting sick and tired of the yearly changes and the addition of new channels. I cannot see La Liga and Serie A this year thanks to the new BeIN channel that I do not get.

I actually like the way Fox has been covering the EPL. I can see NBC screwing this up by bringing terrible American announcers that do not know shit compared to the European announcers. Wouldn't surprise me to see them delay a bigger match to show on their main channel instead of showing it live.

Many other things have me worried but I will wait to see what happens. Cannot see Fox Soccer or Fox Soccer Plus being around for after this year as they will have nothing to broadcast except maybe the Champions League if they still have the rights to that.

Like the dumericans doing the KHL and EuroLeague Basket on ESPN3. :laugh:

Our ancestors fault the revolutionary war to get out from under the controlling thumb of Merry ol' England and here we are all these generations later allowing their influence back into the states? Fok that noise. We are tits and pigskins not vuvuzelas and cornerkicks. We are beer (diet coke) and wings football lovin' Americans not tea and crumpet soccer lovin' metro-sexual fancy boys.

The World Cup is cool but the rest of that noise is just, blah.

NBC cameras zoom way too far in during MLS games. Don't expect watchable coverage unless you only want to see the man with the ball and the defender.

I'm 100% sure the TV crews taping the game will be from England. They have one crew doing each game regardless what channel shows in England or US or China. What is different is the commentating. But the TV feed will be the same.

Our ancestors fault the revolutionary war to get out from under the controlling thumb of Merry ol' England and here we are all these generations later allowing their influence back into the states? Fok that noise. We are tits and pigskins not vuvuzelas and cornerkicks. We are beer (diet coke) and wings football lovin' Americans not tea and crumpet soccer lovin' metro-sexual fancy boys.

The World Cup is cool but the rest of that noise is just, blah.

You and your kind are pathetic.

I agree Wal. Next we'll be sending War reparations back to Europe for the last 200+years.

I'm not sure this is great news; in fact, I am skeptical. I am getting sick and tired of the yearly changes and the addition of new channels. I cannot see La Liga and Serie A this year thanks to the new BeIN channel that I do not get.

I actually like the way Fox has been covering the EPL. I can see NBC screwing this up by bringing terrible American announcers that do not know shit compared to the European announcers. Wouldn't surprise me to see them delay a bigger match to show on their main channel instead of showing it live.

Many other things have me worried but I will wait to see what happens. Cannot see Fox Soccer or Fox Soccer Plus being around for after this year as they will have nothing to broadcast except maybe the Champions League if they still have the rights to that.

Agree with all of that, Morty.

Fox Soccer's commentary and analysis is pretty good. NBC is gonna be woeful, afaik.

Rather have a dedicated football loving base in the US than have intelligible rednecks like Wal watch the matches and then complain about them.

I don't know 3 soccer fans outside of forums. Where are these fans at? Rather watch NASCAR.