GLPPOTD - Monday March 29th **ROGUEJUROR**

• Start date
  • Replies 54 Comments
  • Views 3,230 Views
soccer > Brazil > Carioca Championship > Boavista - Botafogo > 6:30pm ET

Botafogo ML -130

Okay, this will be my only soccer play. Up to this day I haven't had any top Brazilian league scheduled on my day, so take notice. We can take away the home factor, Boavista is listed as the home team but the match will take place in a neutral stadium in Rio. If there is any advantage its to Botafogo since they are more used to playing in that stadium than their opponent. The league situation is this, if Botafogo wins they secure themselves a place in the playoffs. Practiced on Saturday night, rested on Sunday, morning practice on Monday, the team is complete and no absence is expected. Boavista sacked their coach after their last match and will have a replacement for this one, and are already out of playoff contention.

I know some of you might not have the money line option and the spread is -3/4 at around -110, that's the recommended play as well. I hate advising to sell a quarter ball this cheaply in this situation but for the sake of the glppotd.

Just for info for other GLAPTOPOTERS:
ML is -133 at 5Dimes and the -0.75 is available at BetPhoenix at +100

I have already bet the ML at Betfair.

Thanks fellas. I'm on this.

I didn't meant this was my only play, I meant my only soccer play.

The other options are...

ATP Tennis Philipp Petzschner vs Robin Soderling Over 20.5 5PM ET

New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz Over 214.5 9PM ET

Sorry for the confusion.

Remember that play in Chile with the one team unfamiliar of the stadium? Was that a push? Seems to be RJ's best play and the man has been on fire. Betting it asap and my vote goes for this. Just because he's hiding behind the terrorist mask doesn't mean we can't find him. :yes:

soccer > Brazil > Carioca Championship > Boavista - Botafogo > 6:30pm ET

Botafogo ML -130

I know some of you might not have the money line option and the spread is -3/4 at around -110, that's the recommended play as well. I hate advising to sell a quarter ball this cheaply in this situation but for the sake of the glppotd.

RJ, only at -1 +123 for me. Broke everywhere but thegreek. Go now or hold up for awhile? Your expertise is needed and I never hold anyone responsible in reality for my pushing the button.

Plus, is there a live feed for this? Thanks RJ :thumbup:!

Take it. And yes I'll link a stream to it.

Got it Off today. More and more love watching soccer!

ar 29 11:13am Soccer - Pending 100.00 to win 123.00
1. Soccer - Botafogo RJ - spread -1 (+123)
for the regulation time held on Mar 29 at 5:30pm [pending]
Return Wagered: 100.00 Result: 0.00

Don't know if official play, but let's get this! :highfive:

Don't know if official play, but let's get this! :highfive:

Yeah I don't know either if its the official play. I wasn't done, but think I made it seen like that was my only play. But four people have already played it so i dunno mister monkey.. :dunno:

Sorry if I contributed to the confusion. I was on the Brazilian soccer already before RJ posted.

I didn't meant this was my only play, I meant my only soccer play.

The other options are...

ATP Tennis Philipp Petzschner vs Robin Soderling Over 20.5 5PM ET

New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz Over 214.5 9PM ET

Sorry for the confusion.

Damn RJ, you picked some awesome choices today. After reading your write-up for the soccer play I was ready to go out and hammer it too. I'm glad that you included some tennis, and I really like your Over play for Petz/Soder. Petz is playing well in Miami, better than he has since the Indoor Hard court swing ended. He took down that filthy Bahamanian Sweeting and famous NorCal match fixer Tipsy, both in straight sets with multiple breaks. Soderling is obviously a known commodity after last year's French Open run, but has to be a little fatigued from his deep run last week to the semis of Indian Wells.

The only time these two met was last year on Grass, an unsurprising three set match considering most German players like Petz enjoy the speed and low bounce of grass play. I think this has all the makings of a three set match as well, with Petz in good form he's very likely to take a set, and even winning the match isn't out of the question. Sadly though, The Shrink gave out Petzschner ML as his tennis play this morning, so I doubt he'll emerge victorious through that kind of jinx.

My vote is for the tennis play. I'm gonna put some money on the soccer too, though, that play seemed very sharp.

:clueless: Only see totals for ladies at greek?

What does -/+1.5 sets mean? :clueless:

3/29/2010 6:00 PM Petzschner vs Soderling - Sets betting Match must be completed without either player retiring or being disqualified for wagers to stand.
381 Philipp Petzschner +1 sets +145
382 Robin Soderling -1 sets -175

A player listed -1.5 sets has to win in two sets. A player listed +1.5 sets has to win at least one set or the match.

So oner 20.5 is the better play than +1.5 sets? Could be 7-6, 6-2 loss and still win that way. Is 5dimes or BookM better than greek at tennis. Plus I know no way I will play the bases at thegreek so out of 5dimes, BookM, and Betjam, what is the recommendation for the 2 best books for baseball? Thanks!

Last edited:
my vote is for soccer...for a couple reasons...i had already bet it and I like it.