• Views 3,199 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
Herman you are up. Monkey you are backup just in case. :freak:

I hope Herman shows up today? Bread, just because you didn't drink Sunday, doesn't mean you had to start at 12:01 AM today? Haven't had a winning day in........... did you see the way my Hawks chase pick ended last night?

Tell you right now, looked ahead last night at WV-UC and played WV -2 the same time I changed my avatar. Looks like it is -2.5 now? Thought it should have been 3-4? UConn's bench only plays 18% of minutes (343st rank out of 347) and unless their big 3, Dyson, Walker, Robinson all show up don't think they can win? Hopefully Huggins gets his guys to focus for an entire game?

Monkey it looks like Herman doesn't like anything going on tonight. This might fall to you again. Time for some vindication.

We need some added thoughts on this? It has gone up to -3 already! Can't still in all honestly give it my OK for the rest of you to play it past that? Unless someone like MonkeyFocker says it still has value? Maybe someone knows more about numbers, feeling number will go down slightly towards tipoff time? Thanks!

I already have 2 units on it and was thinking about putting more on it as a ML play? But the more I look into it, the play doesn't appear as solid? All the motivation plays in UConn's favor, playing at home needing game for chance at Big Dance. Both teams not great outside shooters so will WV get enough inside points like they usually do against a not so talented but still formidable front line of UConn. Hopefully WV zone doesn't hit UConn on a hot 3pt shooting night?

Also, WV would like to uptempo game to their advantage. But look what UConn did to Villanova (one of the best uptempo teams around) last Monday? Beat them at their own game! Huggins always get the talent (back to Cinny days) but teams never seem to reach the level of being discipline enough to perform at the peak they should. If 40 minutes focused tonight, still believe WV covers! Big if?

Line appears to heading in direction of WV? But two-minute warning has line going from -1 to -3 but 55% to 45% UConn's way market wise? Hopefully someone here can determine what significance this has because I'm clueless with that! Or maybe someone has a NBA play they are in love with? Monkey never gets offended! Your help with this is greatly appreciated!:hattip:

Well if Herman is truly bowing out today I guess we need to figure this out.

HERMAN!!

Shhhhhh! We're having phone sex since I woke him up, I'll let him post when we're done. I hope he can't hear my fingers on the keyboard, being a born multi-tasker is such a curse...

I just hope Herman's parents didn't tell him to start playing with kids his own age?

Line update on WV-UConn! Vegas staying at -3, offshore sliding towards -2.5. Two-minute warning now 52 to 48% UConn.

UConn's bench only plays 18% of minutes (343st rank out of 347) and unless their big 3, Dyson, Walker, Robinson all show up don't think they can win? Hopefully Huggins gets his guys to focus for an entire game?

what site did you dig up that nugget?

Vegas and offshore both at 2.5 now and 56 to 44% for UConn at two-minute warning. Leaving to take my dad out shopping and then to dinner. Won't be home till 6:45 PM to get the play whatever it is?!

Bread, we are 4-5 and need this one tonight bad! Do whatever you feel is best? You might have been right! Wish more participation, maybe need a different sport or sports? Thanks and GL to us all! Se ya:cheers:

Sbetting has wvu -130 or -2. Pinny's moved the total on this game 37 times in the last 3 minutes

I'm sorry guys, if I'm not able to contribute more than a simple assent or dissent to the play at hand, as a numbers based handicapper my decisions are fairly binary. I would've liked it at -2, but WVU -3 holds no interest for me.

I guess Herman is sitting this one out, and Mr Monkey is sticking with this WV play. Game starts at 7 et, so a bit of time to see if anything changes.

Well i got WVU at -2.5....I like that side as I think that they handle this UConn team handily. Nothing this year has shown me that uconn can put together a few good games in a row. I know that they didn't have their head coach for a while and that was a contributing factor but I still think they are getting too much credit here. WVU has been a solid team all year long and Huggins has gotten his team up to play just about every big game this year. I think WVU is for real and up for the challenge of coming into uconn and beating up on the huskies.

Also understand that this game is being played at the XL Center which is not the on campus court. Yes they are able to put more people in the seats but it is not as daunting for an opposing team to come in and play. The place doesn't lend the home court advantage that Gampel Pavillion does.

I can get firmly behind the West Virginia ML at the Matchbook price of -133. I do agree that WVU is the play in this game, but I won't lay points with an away team in the Big East this late in the season. Too many intangibles to be banking on margin of victory. What do you guys think of the ML?

Well unless Herman sneaks in a play real soon here, I guess we have to go with WV minus the pts as the official play since that is what was mentioned.

Of course that's not stopping anyone from doing the ML instead if they prefer.

I actually like UConn here. WVU hasn't really beaten anyone on the road, best win being @ #57 Seton Hall where they went to Overtime. They lost to #5 Purdue, #20 Pitt, and #67 Notre Dame on the road. Factor in UConn playing for their NCAA Tournament life and getting points...seems a no brainer.

I don't buy into that XL Center curse because it's a factor of them playing the best teams there for more seats, so of course they will win all of their games at home against the South Floridas of the world, but might drop some at the XL Center to Villanova and Syracuse.UConn also has a size edge down low, WVU's post players are all 6-8 and 6-9 while UConn has some 7 footers.

Like UConn here on the moneyline.