Getting fvcked over at mechanics.

• Start date
  • Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 1,915 Views
like i said Ive had it for years and never used it other than using it on coworkers who lock their keys in their cars. Roadside service is not only for tows. I will look into upgrading now that i have a vehicle that's not quite as reliable as my previous ones.

I know, depends on how much driving you do also. I had a fuel pump go out, sucked.

They have regular gold and platinum membership. Ive had AAA for a few years now and i have it for peace of mind but i had never needed a tow so i didnt invest in the platinum. I think its like $80 more a year than the basic.

edit......here's the rates

Premier - $119*
200 Miles of FREE towing
Plus - $91*
100 Miles of FREE towing
Classic - $57*
5 Miles of FREE towing

In other words, you plan on getting your car (voluntarily) towed at least once a year.

In other words, you plan on getting your car (voluntarily) towed at least once a year.

whats your angle that its a waste of money or that the classic membership is pointless? If you need 1 type of service in 5 years this investment typically pays itself off. If your drunk its cheaper to call roadside assistance to tow you home than to pay for a taxi and you can do this 5 times a year. In fact they offer this service free on holiday weekends.

whats your angle that its a waste of money or that the classic membership is pointless? If you need 1 type of service in 5 years this investment typically pays itself off. If your drunk its cheaper to call roadside assistance to tow you home than to pay for a taxi and you can do this 5 times a year. In fact they offer this service free on holiday weekends.

Your math is off unless you're having your car towed across the state. The last time I had a car towed it cost me $80. How does one tow in 5 years cover those charges?

It's a complete waste of money.

But, yeah, if you're a retard with no friends who has no other option than to have your car towed when you get drunk, it's a bargain. However, that retard falls under the "plan(ning) on getting your car towed at least once a year" category.

WHAT???
so for $119 a yr I can get 200 miles of drunk towing?
nearest bar =12 miles away
16.6 free trips home
or $7.16 a trip
cost me more in gas to get to and fro:weee:

Your math is off unless you're having your car towed across the state. The last time I had a car towed it cost me $80. How does one tow in 5 years cover those charges?

It's a complete waste of money.

But, yeah, if you're a retard with no friends who has no other option than to have your car towed when you get drunk, it's a bargain. However, that retard falls under the "plan(ning) on getting your car towed at least once a year" category.

Ive never done the drunk tow but my buddy works for a tow company that does this and i added it in as something you could do. You got a tow for $80? where do you live? Most companies charge somewhere between $75-$200 just to show up and then a additional $10-$15 a mile. I know cause when i got my DUI the tow was $300 alone(this didn't include storage), and you cant say it was expensive because it was towed by the police it was towed by a regular company. My insurance did take care of this bill.

When someone calls insurance an "investment," it makes me shiver.

Ive never done the drunk tow but my buddy works for a tow company that does this and i added it in as something you could do. You got a tow for $80? where do you live? Most companies charge somewhere between $75-$200 just to show up and then a additional $10-$15 a mile. I know cause when i got my DUI the tow was $300 alone(this didn't include storage), and you cant say it was expensive because it was towed by the police it was towed by a regular company. My insurance did take care of this bill.

Las Vegas.

Your mechanic isn't the only one ripping you off.

if its offered in your area you dont have to be a member of AAA to benefit from this.
Only on holiday weekends. If your somewhere else on a wednesday night and you didnt wanna pay $40 for a cab you could call roadside and get home for free. I dont assume anyone would do this to purposely save money but i said it as a joke.

drunk towing. :clap: excellent idea. I mean people don't want to call cabs cause then you got to find your car somewhere next day.
Wasn't somebody looking for a business plan? here it is.

WHAT???
so for $119 a yr I can get 200 miles of drunk towing?
nearest bar =12 miles away
16.6 free trips home
or $7.16 a trip
cost me more in gas to get to and fro:weee:

for $219 a year you could technically get 1,000 miles of drunk towing as you get 5 free services a year. Per service you can get 200 miles of towing.

drunk towing. :clap: excellent idea. I mean people don't want to call cabs cause then you got to find your car somewhere next day.
Wasn't somebody looking for a business plan? here it is.

YES !!!!
now delete this while I form a business plan:yeahsure:

i was going to be paying full coverage car insurance premiums regardless of if i needed a tow, so yes i didn't pay a dime for it.

Yes. Yes, you did pay for it.

You don't need towing for auto liens.

YES !!!!
now delete this while I form a business plan:yeahsure:

Free Tipsy Tow From AAA on New Year's Eve

Logo_home

Planning on partying hard on New Year's Eve? One of the challenges of taking a cab home is getting back to your car when you sober up. AAA has a solution for you.

AAA is offering free Tipsy Tows to keep drunks (like you) off the road. They'll tow your car and as many people as they can fit safely into the cab of the tow truck to your house up to 5 miles away for free. You don't need to be a member of AAA to take advantage of this deal. Offer is good from 6 p.m. on New Year's Eve to 6 a.m. on New Year's Day.

All you need to do is call 800-222-4357 or 800-AAA-HELP and say "I need a Tipsy Tow."