• Start date
  • Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 1,301 Views

gregm

Since
Mar 14, 2011
Score
Tokens
Around the 19:08 mark was really interesting about mortgage companies and talking to this greek couple in bavaria. US needs to learn from germany in alot of things from cars and craftsmanship to soccer and savings. "Mittelstand" = small and medium sized industry and not spending more than you have.

Why is Germany always so dominant just not in things like auto but in in football? precision, discipline, teamwork? Look at this team they brought to the world cup Lahm, Kroos, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, the best goalkeeper in the today in Neuer, Reus, Muller,Boateng, Kroos ,Gotze. Is it the german youth program, the coaching?

we need klinsmann to instill a german regimen into america and more possession style football, and judging from this documentary ,albeit two years old, get German engineering over here. Not just for our automobile industry and soccer,very impressive economy and incredible trains and disciplined society

teutonic discipline and craftsmanship

Germans are big on the process / the method.

Germany has an excellent 3-tier schooling designed according to the potential of the students. None of the same, mediocre 12-yr schooling for all students and no-child-left-behind nonsense. That schooling has a role to play in building the craftsmanship. University education is free(or the fees is nominal). Most people go for a masters than a bachelor's degree. I don't have statistics but my hunch is that German senior management is more likely to have PhD's than most countries. You go through a year or two of internship(ausbildung) before getting permanently placed in a job.

The same system that works well has its drawbacks too. Till recently, your fate as a student was sealed after the fifth grade. The teacher decided if you were bright enough to go to gymnasium(top tier school for grades 9-12 or 13) and his word was final. Now, the parents can overrule the teacher's recommendation.

Trivia about Bavaria: If you are overweight, you can not get a permanent job as a teacher in Bavarian state schools. But you can become a fatty once you are tenured (yes, even school teachers are tenured).

cami's mom is German.

I think internships - preferably paid, should be a requirement. At least in the U.S. - It is damn hard to find a job straight out of college of you don't have at least 1+ years of experience.

very good posts in here about german school system and craftsmanship. My heart hopes brasil can overcome these injuries but I think germany is just too solid all the way around

germany pk

this car and the cayman

Porsche-Boxster-GTS-interior-photo-gallery.jpg

The Neymar and silva absence doesnt explain today. just a beat down. Why cant klinsmann bring this precision to america. really looking forward to messi and robben tomorrow

[INSTA]p/qNN4uQk7DP[/INSTA]

The whole time I was thinking while I was watching the game today with all the german fans screaming is why were some Americans celebrating a round of 16 loss, Brazil may have been crushed today without two of their greatest players but another record setting achievement for for Brazil making it to the semifinals. Why do we continue to accept this lack of titles for the American national team?

We dont need an american version of some psychopathic criminal like uday hussein throwing players into camps after losses but we do need a national soccer program like germany. They are doing something right and a national stadium in DC like the English have with Wembley stadium, Brazil has with Maracana in Rio and Mexican soccer with Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.

The American performance was a fucking disgrace. round of 16. come on

http://fansided.com/2014/07/02/phil...united-states-world-cup-performance-disgrace/

http://blog.sfgate.com/soccer/2013/06/02/us-soccer-100-years-old-time-to-build-a-permanent-home/

Morganti: “United States Soccer Is An Absolute Disgrace”

“It’s a complete disgrace. No, it is a worldwide—the United States soccer is an absolute disgrace. Most of the disgrace comes because they’re happy with what happened. They got hammered over there and it took an unbelievable effort by a goaltender to just get ‘em through and then everybody was happy and holding them up, like what a great effort. This is a big country with great athletes. This a disgrace that they’re happy with the outcome of the World Cup. It shows you how irrelevant the sport is, and fact of the matter is, you had to rely on Germans to get through even a little bit. If it wasn’t for the damn German kid that came in, you call him whatever you want—we have millions of people playing this sport. It’s never going to develop. It is an absolute national disgrace that they’re happy with that effort.”

Tim was great but the rest of the team was atrocious.

BaghdadFC.jpg

360_iraq_ioc_viewpoint_0725.jpg

Its tough to become a significantly better national team. There are teams who have marginally improved. But I can't think of a team that's a top contender now that wasn't 40 years ago. The US is better than they were in the past and thats good for them. You fokers are too used to being good at sports nobody else cares about. You ain't winning shit in soccer for the next 50 years. Get used to it.

Its tough to become a significantly better national team. There are teams who have marginally improved. But I can't think of a team that's a top contender now that wasn't 40 years ago. The US is better than they were in the past and thats good for them. You fokers are too used to being good at sports nobody else cares about. You ain't winning shit in soccer for the next 50 years. Get used to it.

America needs stronger immigration and different ethos like the discipline germany and the kind of furor that Pele created for the sport when he came to America to play for the Cosmos in the 70's. or like all the the great brazilian fighters like gracie family bringing their mma to America. Like America has done by being open to the world with silicon valley and the sciences , that american start up culture and all the great America accomplishments in science and engineering the last century and entering this one, alot of it has come by offering the Sergey Brins and Elon Musks etc. and world scientists, engineers, and entrepreneur a place to move to. Get better soccer players and coacher like klinsmann to immigrate and a better youth prgram

American football and tennis is unacceptable at this point but America certainly has done well at both the summer and winter olympics

chart-the-united-states-dominates-when-it-comes-to-olympic-gold-medals.jpg

Last edited:
Its a sport man. Its a fokin extracurricular activity. Everybody can't win all the time. Doesn't mean you have to change or flip everything upside down. If you improve thats great.
It sucks for Russia for example in hockey. The current team is kind of a disgrace to the great Soviet hockey tradition. So I can understand where they would wanna do something. Or Brazil, losing 7-1. I feel for em.

US has no football tradition. They can look to improve next time and see no reason why they shouldn't be happy about their play this time. You can bring all the foreigners you want, you're not gonna be a favorite against Belgium in 4 years. Look at Russia, they have some ultra expensive foreign coach and whats the point?

btw, the team sport that US is tops at is basketball. I can't think of another Olympic sport (or one of world wide recognition). How are they doing in volleyball these days? :dunno:

Basically Americans don't care.

You're thinking like it wants to replace the NFL.

Basically Americans don't care.
They don't care were you live at. It's huge down here. If you ever come down here I will introduce you to them. I will even make them bring their passports so you can check that they were born in this country.

You're thinking like it wants to replace the NFL.

Not at all. We get this forced down our throats because the rest of the world likes it. Sounds like pretzel logic to me. The rest of the world pays $5+/gallon for gas also, doesn't mean we should. There has been little interest in the US after they were eliminated.