General football discussion (sponsored by EnglishMike)

• Start date
  • Replies 76 Comments
  • Views 6,796 Views
I heard Ronaldo wants to go back to Manchester United. He is tired of losing the MVP to Messi every year. I don't think there will be enough balls for him Rooney and van Persie to keep them happy.

Don't think Man Utd would be able to afford him anyway.

The rumor is Ronaldo will go for around 120M GBP. If I had to guess I think it will happen because the Glazers are desperate to make a statement and will feel like the owe Fergie for his total support, he's basically been the buffer between fans and Glazers. I think they get it done for him and if they do it will pay off big time.

If they played him wide his partnership with Rooney and RVP could be fucking lethal.

EM, IYO will Juve finally show up and do something special in the Champs action? Maybe not enough talent? Playing well together it seems and Pirlo showing the last few years maybe a late bloomer but might go down as one of Italia's all-time greats? First Milan and now guiding Juve resurrection!

EM, IYO will Juve finally show up and do something special in the Champs action? Maybe not enough talent? Playing well together it seems and Pirlo showing the last few years maybe a late bloomer but might go down as one of Italia's all-time greats? First Milan and now guiding Juve resurrection!

Historically you can never predict what Italian teams will do, although there's no doubt they have the best draw by getting Celtic.

Approx CL odds:

Barcelona 2
Real Madrid 4
Bayern Munich 6
Bor Dortmund 7
Juventus 10
Manchester United 14
Paris Saint-Germain 20
Shakhtar Donetsk 33
Arsenal 40
Malaga 50
FC Porto 50
Schalke 04 50
Valencia 50
AC Milan 80
Celtic 150
Galatasaray 200

At those odds 10-1 seems a fair price about Juventus considering they have a bye in the next round. (Celtic)

Apparently Mark Gonzales had a leg injury in November and his leg was almost amputated. More than an injury he has a condition and even his life was in danger. CSKA wants him out.

Manuel Pellegrini might make another master move if he secures Diego Lugano. Dude is a warrior, one of the main guys in the NT and Ancelotti don't want him in PSG. This would be a huge steal for Malaga.

Claudio Bieler signs for Sporting KC. Very entertaining player. :up:

Doubt Man Utd can afford Ronaldo. Would cost in the region of 100m and with their ever increasing debt, I doubt they would be able to afford him. Unless, it's Ferguson's goodbye gift and Mourinho's wish to have him at Old Trafford.

I remember Mark "Speedy" Gonzalez. Wish he was given another season at Liverpool. Guy was pacy but needed time to adjust. Scored a goal in the qualifying rounds of the CL, the season we reached the final. Also remember him putting on a cracker when Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-1, thanks to a Crouch hat-trick.

I've been a big fan of Pellegrini. I wanted him at Liverpool after we sacked Rafa (what a fucking mistake that was!) but we instead went for Roy fucking Hodgson.

Thanks to Suarez, I've been watching a lot of Uruguay and have always been impressed by Lugano. Would be a solid signing for Malaga.

I would love it if we had a Uruguay contingent at Liverpool, much like the Spanish one under Rafa. We already have Coates and Suarez, and I wouldn't mind us signing the likes of Cavani. :laugh:

Betting live on Man Utd at home, when they are losing is fucking money.

Pato apparently moving to Corinthians.

and Vagner Love to Atletico Mineiro to rejoin Ronnie and Robinho back at Santos

libpool is pitiful

Riquelme also back at Boca cause of Carlitos Bianchi

Robinho, what a waste of talent.

Always loved Riquelme. Wish he controlled that attitude of his. Class player though.

Win for Liverpool yesterday. What a weird season, but it's the start of rebuilding for Liverpool so things can, hopefully, only get better from here on.

A_UwENiCAAAAIM6.jpg

Didn't know that about Kaka, Liverpool and Kenny. Not one bit surprised by Kenny though. He is a gentleman and I'm proud he is the King of the Kop.