• Views 1,217 Views

RayRay

Dont touch my fucking TV
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
3 funerals on the schedule this week...

today, they bury my brothers sister-in-law ... she has had some sort of bone cancer for a long time... was expected to die a year ago and then unexpectedly died the other day... tough broad

tomorrow , one of my good friends and workout buddies ... he was 32 and died of a double heart attack... he went from really fat, to a competitive bodybuilder...it was impressive... but always seemed to be sick or overly stressed and had hbp...he was an aircraft mechanic... pretty stressful gig... anyways, just died in his sleep the other day... he had a weakness for pain killers and his gf had just had boob surgery, so i know he got his hands on some pk's ... maybe he got a hold of too many :dunno: ... there are a few of us that knew he was a fiend when it came to that, but its going to our secret... tough to die so young

later in the week, a friend of the gf's mom... dont really know her, but the Buddhist viewings/funerals are brutal on the eyes/lungs/allergies... tons of burning incense and can be a bit drawn out...

the buddhist funeral is tough, but, and i mean no offence to believers, but its much easier to sit through than the christian funerals... for an atheist, there isnt much that is more annoying than hearing all the god and angels and heaven and prayers and yada yada that goes along with it... its baffling to me, but thats for another thread...

anyways, this probably could have gone in the random thoughts thread, but im an asshole like that... :chickendance:

Not an asshole at all RR and sorry for your losses! I hate the funeral part of not knowing what to say to the immediate family but luv the afterward get-togethers! Good food and good drink and discussing the good times that bring joy out of death revolved around the deceased! :yes:

And possibly you might think I'm an asshole for saying it, but no doubt better them than you! It almost could have been you buddy with the popcorn incident! Good thing the saying is "it comes in threes" and not fours! :givemeahug:

Black funerals are the best. Haitian/Jamaican/Nigerian. All song and dance.

Sorry to hear Ray Ray. :(

Don't forget the burial of Jesus on Friday Ray Ray. It must be burial week for you!

wow that is a tough week, sorry for all that...

the 32 year old one, is a scary one for sure....

life is fragile

Matty is right about Black funerals being the best. I've been at some real crazy ones, in good and bad ways

blacks like drive thru funeral services.

It prevents "beef" between gangbangers and is good for the large black women who have eaten too much "chicken"

im closer to my brothers brother in law than he is... he was the city asst. DA for a while, now heads some specialty law for the city... ton of lawyers and handful of judges at the funeral (a lot of clients :highfive: )... around 75% of the court system was cut short and they planned the funeral around a half day ...was pretty cool, but waaaaaaaay too many people and the old methodist church didnt have any air.. it was 75-80 in the place and everyone was sweating ass ... too long, but they normally are

todays torment takes place at much newer methodist church...its about 3 minutes from the house and i know it will have air...man, as far as old school/new churches and their architecture are concerned, its night and day... the differences are drastic, but thats the way churches are today... today, they are just hugh brick buildings with auditoriums with all the bells and whistles... they all have fitness centers and bball courts, pools etc... its so money driven its comical....im in the wrong line of work

rip associates of rayray

in kato's thoughts

all the time

hello plommer!

all is good on this end.

the struggle is not real - as things are well.

boring - good boring though

heading to vegas on friday - back monday.

kid/wife quick trip

you?