Fun fact for Plommer

• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 737 Views
On second thought, @plommer might not find it fun. 🤔
I've seen all those embarrassing stats and facts many times. I'm used to it.

I love this team because it was my hometown team and as a kid I bonded with my father watching the Leafs lose on TV starting in the 70's.

Also, the fact Habs fans are celebrating an appearance in the Cup final is odd to me because as far back as I can remember Habs fans were used to just winning. Second place? No pal, Montreal never used to celebrate that.

Also, the bad beats the Habs have had so far in the series warms my heart, goal with 0.3 left in period? Nice. Terrible giveaway behind own net that buried them game two? Awfully nice. Its comforting to know Montreal doesn't just get all the breaks like they did vs Vegas (cough, cough, FLEURY).

Oh, go Bolts!

marty I still havent forgiven Fleury for this awful play that gifted the gold to USA. Cost me at least $2500.
I've seen him make some stellar saves and other times look like a beer league goalie.

welcome back plommer

Habs fans aren't content with reaching the finals - we're just able to put things in perspective. This is a market that has trouble attracting top talent in part because of high income tax and shitty winter weather. Despite that we manage to put decent teams together. We're headed in the right direction and this year's team has overdelivered.

Expectations will be quite a bit higher over the next several seasons as the young guys start to peak (and veterans like Price and Weber reach the end of their "window").

I just want them to prove they can beat these fokkin Bolts for now. Winning the Cup at this stage would be a ridiculous Cinderella story.

#GHG

Habs fans aren't content with reaching the finals - we're just able to put things in perspective. This is a market that has trouble attracting top talent in part because of high income tax and shitty winter weather. Despite that we manage to put decent teams together. We're headed in the right direction and this year's team has overdelivered.

Expectations will be quite a bit higher over the next several seasons as the young guys start to peak (and veterans like Price and Weber reach the end of their "window").

I just want them to prove they can beat these fokkin Bolts for now. Winning the Cup at this stage would be a ridiculous Cinderella story.

#GHG
Yes, expectations, I'm familiar with the strategy.

I will be stunned if the Canadiens make the playoffs next season. Why? Because often teams that go deep in the playoffs tend to have a let down next season. In Montreals case they played so hard and gritty that they should regress next season and the fact the north division no longer exists means playing many different opponents instead of just a few.

Oh and I agree this years champs deserve an asterisk, whether it be Tampa or Montreal.

lol, the only people calling for an asterisk are fans of losing teams. Do you really think Tampa wouldn't have destroyed the competition in a regular 82-game format?

The format was set prior to the beginning of the season and everyone played by the same rules. The "yes but you only played the same 6 teams over and over" argument is complete bullcrap. NHL-caliber teams played each other 56 times and that set a typical 16-team playoff.

The game changes all the time. Fuck your asterisk you whiny fags.

Well it wasn't a real season. Teams played only one division. Hugh asterisk. Sorry pal.

also, Montreal is going to be one of the losing teams. There is only one winner.

lol

you're a very predictable man
We all are pal, we all are.

I prayed to the virgin Mary AND Jesus for a Tampa Cup win. No way they let me down.

Fun fact for Marty:

1942 - Toronto beats Detroit in the Stanley Cup Final.

This marked the first time a team had come back from a three-game deficit, and remains the only time it's happened in a Stanley Cup Final.

The Red Wings not only won the series' first three games, but led Game 4 2-0, and then by 3-2 in the third period before the Maple Leafs won 4-3 in OT. The Leafs then turned the tables decisively, winning 9-3, 3-0 and 3-1 to win the Stanley Cup.

Sweeney Schriner led the Leafs (and series) in goals with five, including two in Game 7. Syl Apps (father of future Penguin Syl Jr.) had seven points for Toronto.

The attendance for Game 7 further added to the game's history: 16,218 showed up at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens, a record for a hockey crowd in Canada.