FAO Cubs Fans

• Start date
  • Replies 4 Comments
  • Views 402 Views
Too long to read thoroughly now but sounds like Cub management have too keep the payroll low to comply with a league rule? Fans I suspect will not like this one bit!

It's not a matter of the Cubs being cheap. They are not in a position to overpay for a free agent because of the many needs on the roster. The worst thing they could do is throw money at a FA and block the progress of a prospect. They will take it in the shorts this year, but the plan should start coming together next year.

Cubs just traded Gretzkys son to my Halos for Sciosias son.

Welcome to Anaheim, The Great one!

'Son.

It's not a matter of the Cubs being cheap. They are not in a position to overpay for a free agent because of the many needs on the roster. The worst thing they could do is throw money at a FA and block the progress of a prospect. They will take it in the shorts this year, but the plan should start coming together next year.
This. Even the WGN TV deal expiring this year will help some. A few more prospects coming good and you could see a competent Cubs team next season. Would've been nice to get bought out without such a large percentage of the deal in debt, but I am glad that, given the situation, the Cubs are taking a responsible (albeit temporarily frustrating) approach.