• Views 1,374 Views

Dunder

In Trans I Gent
Since
Feb 8, 2010
Score
Tokens
The bad news:

1) Another all nighter for me, P1 0300 P2 0700 UK time.
2) Soft and Hard tyres again, so an early one stopper will be the ONLY strategy
3) Current weather forecast shows no rain at race time

The good news:

Vettel still available at +150 (Ladbrokes) for Pole Position.
Whatever Red Bull are doing to lower their ride-heights** for qualifying is clearly giving them a huge edge in low fuel conditions. This should be more of a factor at Sepang which has four fast or medium-fast corners than either Bahrain or Melbourne. Factor in that Webber has only outqualified the Vettel twice in 20 attempts during their time together at Red Bull and barring mistakes, Vettel is surely good value. (I have 3 units on this at odds ranging from +162 to +137)

**I think they are using gas filled suspension dampers, the presurisation of which in Parc Ferm would be barely legal. No other team will have a similar development until the next GP in China, at the earliest.

Half an hour before 1st practice and a thunderstorm threatens to roll in, no doubt accompanied by rain South East Asia style (monsoon).

The cars might need rudders and sails for P2 at least.

Last edited:
I love it when the races are 1 week apart.

Missed the practice.

Amateur!

Ferrari (Massa especially) struggled.
McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull difficult to split.

My thought would be that McLaren will be fastest in race-trim but they will struggle, again, in qualifying.

Red Bull cars both had reliablity issues, one engine/gearbox and one brakes.

Great number on Vettel. It's way down now, I can't follow.

I think the odds on Vettel dropped because the Ferraris looked so horrible in P1 and P2.

dundy I hope you didn't drink and drive tonight

Something I have not done for many years, Juror.
Mrs. Dunder drove me there and took a cab back.

Hamilton just broke the track record but McLaren also looked good in P3 in Melbourne only to struggle in qualifying.
Red Bull looks super-fast, Webber was flat-out in T5-6, have never seen a car do that before.

Rain coming in 5 mins according to McLaren team radio.

40 mins. until qualifying very light rain falling.

8 minutes before qualifying and the heavens open.
Vettel is always good in the wet but I would prefer the predictability of a dry session.

Two more minutes of this and full wet tyres will be needed for Q1.

Traffic Jam out of the pits, everyone trying to do a lap on the intermediates.

Everyone slipping and sliding, full wets needed I think.

Fvcking weather
Fvcking wrong tyres for Vettel in Q3
Fvcking idiots at McLaren (and Ferrari), I dont care if their radar showed only a light shower, the reward of saving a set of intermediates did not equal the risk of getting knocked out in Q1.

Should be a good race, but might be a lottery. It has rained on each of the last five days between 1600 and 1800 local time.