• Views 1,660 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
Even free trips are expensive.

$123 at Walgreen on makeup, travel size everything etc.
$94 mani/pedi
$17 car wash

Then I go to best buy to have a ipad shield/cover whatever put on...I get it all paid for and ready and guy notices that my ipad is cracked in the corner ..I had seen it, but didn't bother me too much. He thinks crack could spread quickly especially if he puts shield on it...probably worried about liability so he won't do it and refunds me.

I start to panic about being in Mexico without ipad, so get talked into buying a new one. They apparently don't make 32 gb anymore so 64 for $499...guy told me he thinks I can sell my old one for $200 even with the crack? I find that hard to believe...It's the 2 series.

I should have just taken them both and brought the new one back if I didn't need it, but had them put a glass cover/shield thing on it so guess that option is out.

I was perfectly fine with my old ipad...like I am with my old iPhone 4. And $80 for an apple case? WTF. I drew the line there and got a $12 one.

I don't even know what the diff is on the newer ipads...

Typing on IE so editing impossible..I'm ignoring capitalization/punctuation issues.

Oh...and we are in some sort of winter storm/wind advisory til noon tomorrow. Seriously worried about getting out of town in time to catch my connecting flight in Dallas. There is only a 1 hour window.

Typing on IE so editing impossible..I'm ignoring capitalization/punctuation issues.

Oh...and we are in some sort of winter storm/wind advisory til noon tomorrow. Seriously worried about getting out of town in time to catch my connecting flight in Dallas. There is only a 1 hour window.

Sorry...just venting...pissed off about $500 probably unnecessary expense. I don't even know when the last ipads came out. They will probably have a new one before too long.

Return the new one when you come back from the trip. Fuck them.

I don't think anyone will pay you $200 for an IPad 2 with a crack.

They do make 16GB versions $100 cheaper, sale man took advantage of you. Fuck them, just return it.

I have a Surface I bought for $150 2.5 years ago and it runs like clockwork. We take it on trips and the kids take it to school. My 1st grader knows how to use it better than I do.

No need to buy the latest model of ipad for $500 or more.

Can't use quote feature...need to get back on Chrome.

RJ- That was my original plan, but then I decided to have them put a cover on it to prevent direct sunlight glare at the pool. I think now that it's out of box with that on it no chance of being able to return. I won $500 in baskets this week so I guess that's where it's going. Maybe I'll win a square or two.

He did tell me about the 16g, but I am always running out of room on my current one due to videos and pics, so thought for $100 it would be worth 4x the storage. I dk. It's done now. The crack isn't bad at all.. I didn't even notice it but it may have just happened...I stuck it under the seat without a cover when I ran into walgreens and it got kind of stuck so might have happened just this morning. I think he said he had to spray it to put the shield on it and was worried that if any moisture got into it then there might be problems. I

Saulty-I don't know what a Surface is, but I use my Ipad all the time, and I like the Icloud etc....I'm not that mad about buying a new one I guess...just was curious what used ones go for. I got it 3 years ago. It's perfectly workable and can't see the crack, but it may spread wildly.

It seems like a lot to me for a used one, but can't remember what they originally sold for. I don't know what the difference is between it and the new one. I hate changing devices if I don't need to so I never upgrade unless absolutely necessary.

Can't use quote feature...need to get back on Chrome.

RJ- That was my original plan, but then I decided to have them put a cover on it to prevent direct sunlight glare at the pool. I think now that it's out of box with that on it no chance of being able to return. I won $500 in baskets this week so I guess that's where it's going. Maybe I'll win a square or two.

He did tell me about the 16g, but I am always running out of room on my current one due to videos and pics, so thought for $100 it would be worth 4x the storage. I dk. It's done now. The crack isn't bad at all.. I didn't even notice it but it may have just happened...I stuck it under the seat without a cover when I ran into walgreens and it got kind of stuck so might have happened just this morning. I think he said he had to spray it to put the shield on it and was worried that if any moisture got into it then there might be problems. I

Saulty-I don't know what a Surface is, but I use my Ipad all the time, and I like the Icloud etc....I'm not that mad about buying a new one I guess...just was curious what used ones go for. I got it 3 years ago. It's perfectly workable and can't see the crack, but it may spread wildly.

It seems like a lot to me for a used one, especially cracked like RJ said , but can't remember what they originally sold for. I don't know what the difference is between it and the new one. I hate changing devices if I don't need to so I never upgrade unless absolutely necessary.

That's where I sell my old phones/devices.

They are a broker. The find a seller and a byer and they charge each differently then they send you a prepaid package with the buyer's address and you ship. Then the money is in your bank account.

I've never understood the iPad craze. If you have an iPhone, why not just use that? The iPad is just a big phone without the ability to call.

With the Surface, at least you can run normal Windows apps like Office, etc.

I've never understood the iPad craze. If you have an iPhone, why not just use that? The iPad is just a big phone without the ability to call.

With the Surface, at least you can run normal Windows apps like Office, etc.

I never got it either...until I got one...I have an I phone 4...not even remotely big enough to easily surf/read on... at least not easily. I don't use other Windows apps, but I can see how that would be nice for people who do.

Hey IAG. If you want to make some quick money bet on Carolina -14.5

:guitar::chickendance::guitar::chickendance:

I have an iPad too, but I almost never use it. The only thing I use it for is to Remote Desktop into a real computer.

If I go anywhere, I always have a laptop with me. But any time I'm on any sort of computer, I'm usually doing a lot more than browsing the Internet.

Return the new one when you come back from the trip. Fuck them.

+1!

And cut out all mani/pedis in the future! And your vehicle doesn't need a washing!

+1!

And your vehicle doesn't need a washing!
I wash mine with a bucket and sponge. Do people still do this or is the new fad paying $20 at the car wash.

For the record....only reason I did mani/pedi is because I'm going to be sitting at the pool for 8 days...toes exposed...and my fingernails looked rough.

I get my car washed about twice a year, but someone else will be driving it while I'm gone and it's filthy from the SD weather. I figured I could at least clean it up for him.