Exclusive: Police beating of Las Vegas man caught on tape

• Start date
  • Replies 125 Comments
  • Views 12,494 Views
I hope you're more angry at the Fire Dept than you are the Police Department in that particular instance because the Fire Department has far more resources to assist injured passengers in a car accident than the police.

I hope you're more angry at the Fire Dept than you are the Police Department in that particular instance because the Fire Department has far more resources to assist injured passengers in a car accident than the police.

A firefighter will rush into a burning building to save a life yet a cop is regarded as a hero.
Doesn't make sense.

yeah Plommer, it's pretty fucked up. And forget about finding a place to live. I don't know what they expect these people to do. Hopefully they have good friends and relatives. :dunno:

A firefighter will rush into a burning building to save a life yet a cop is regarded as a hero.
Doesn't make sense.

Has zero to do with my post.

Certainly, the fire department shares blame in that situation. However, the upsetting part is the amount of resources that are being used on useless objectives. Meanwhile, someone that needs immediate assistance may be sitting in peril for far too long.

Its not all about you pal.

A fire fighter is never regarded as a hero?

:hahaha:

I see what you're doing here, Plommstein.

You're seeing how many ridiculous statements it will take to get me completely off the rails and frothing at the mouth.

Well done, pal

yeah Plommer, it's pretty fucked up. And forget about finding a place to live. I don't know what they expect these people to do. Hopefully they have good friends and relatives. :dunno:

Reno, like I said the US is far worse than Canada for an ex con.
At least up here a landlord or employer cannot check a persons criminal history themselves. Some jobs require a "police clearance" but even the cops won't disclose someones criminal record, they will just say "this person has never been convicted" if requesting a police clearance letter.

The US system never forgives, I have heard of a law in the US that makes it mandatory for "felons" report to police when moving to a different state, up here none of that exists, if you did your time you can carry on living your life, you can still vote, get a passport etc. etc.

I always thought this quote spoke volumes:

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought."

Sure there are crooked, power thirsty cops out there. With close to 1 million cops currently employed in the US, how can 50,000 or so rotten apples not slip through? No system for the selection of police officers can be error free. It's unfortunate but inevitable. But the fact remains that emergency services are not an option. If you think our current society can survive without the supplementation of emergency services than there is just no point in me continuing in this dialogue.

And with that I wish this thread and it's participants a wonderful evening.

common Daffy "do what we ought"? I'm sure the King is happy to tell everybody what they ought. I'm not saying our society is capable of eliminating police. But it seems that there has to be a whole different set of incentives for police so that they have a decent relationship with the public. And that can be achieved.

I always thought this quote spoke volumes:

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought."

I absolutely disagree with that quote. I prefer something from a founding father rather than a Catholic Pope.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.lvrj.com/news/police-inq...arrest-beating-of-videographer-126438953.html

So they've finally come to the conclusion that the officer used excessive force... It only took four months.

In the meanwhile...

Colling has been on paid suspension since April 1.

Multiple supervisors in Colling's chain of command will review the internal affairs report and decide his punishment, if any, Schofield said.

That review could take several weeks.

Just unbelievable. What other job do you get 4 months of paid vacation for beating the shit out of an innocent bystander? In what other occupation are you not immediately fired?

How does it take four fucking months to figure it out? And then SEVERAL weeks for THAT report to be reviewed...

Fucking Gestapo.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/police-inq...arrest-beating-of-videographer-126438953.html

So they've finally come to the conclusion that the officer used excessive force... It only took four months.

In the meanwhile...

Just unbelievable. What other job do you get 4 months of paid vacation for beating the shit out of an innocent bystander? In what other occupation are you not immediately fired?

How does it take four fucking months to figure it out? And then SEVERAL weeks for THAT report to be reviewed...

Fucking Gestapo.

This has been brought up many times in another forum I participate in, most posters there are very pro cop.

They say "innocent until proven guilty" and "due process". I think it would be more fair to suspend the person without pay and if acquitted pay their wages retroactively.
The pro copper group claim this is unfair as it punishes someone before they have been convicted of anything.

What about the falsley accused that loses his job due to arrest and then is found not guilty? They don't get back anything, they are told "due process".

Did not view tape, but was treated VERY badly, to the point of tears, which made him very hard in mid section, while innocently walking home to the quiet Suburbs outside of Vegas, HENDERSON, from a tanning salon (New Yorker, dont know how to drive).
Finally, an older cop came by and he stopped his behavior. The older guy left, the kid cop let me go, the older guy came back and said are you ok? I thought, oh my, this is going to happen AGAIN. Instead, he apologized for the guys behavior and drove me to my friend's lovely home I was visiting for three weeks. Clark county is not LAS VEGAS POLICE DEPARTMENT. Two different departments. Clark is bottom of the barrel so all seem to say. I didnt know if I was going to get raped or beaten. It was going in a slow dark place. For no reason other than his mental issues.

Musay! what the fok are you talking about pal?

Reno, I think one cop was gonna run her for solicitation and another cop persuaded the younger cop to let him "handle it". I also gather that New York cops or rather the New York cops Muse here has come in contact with have also reached a certain agreement with her.

:dunno: Best translation of semi-incoherent posting I can come up with.