• Replies 10 Comments
  • Views 495 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
- The league will include 12 of Europes biggest teams: Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan.
- Games will be played midweek and would begin in August.
- A statement from the founding clubs said three more teams would be announced shortly.
- The move has been met with widespread criticism, including from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the French president, Emmanuel Macron.

FIFA expressed its "disapproval" of the new European Super League (ESL) competition, while the UEFA said that "the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams."

:popcorn

Do you think it'll go ahead? And does the threat of a ban mean that clubs would be expelled from their national league, i.e. the English clubs wouldn't be part of the EPL anymore?

This shit is confusing.

Yeah I think it will be played, they've been wanting to do it since decades and always chickened out in the end. I think they'll take a chance in this post covid world.

If the clubs are banned domestically labor laws/courts will get involved, it might just be a bluff because a La Liga minus Real Madrid and Barcelona will be a bankrupt La Liga when all the tv rights money is gone. EPL is probably the only one that could survive without the big clubs money wise.

I guess the other 3 teams will be Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and PSG.

Twenty five years after "operation Gandalf", finally a breakaway league. Recently, UEFA announced a new format with more games for champions league from 2024/25 and I wonder if this may have accelerated the super league.

Borussia Dortmund has refused the offer to join. How will Arsenal fans react when their club finishes at the bottom of this league?

How will this effect 2022 in Quatar?

Good news. We don’t need key superstar players missing the World Cup, guys.

How will this effect 2022 in Quatar?
The year 2022 will not be affected at all by Qatar outside or inside the country, 2022 will begin on Jan 1 and end Dec 31 as planned. Qatar can't do anything to prevent this.

Oh and there is no "u" in Qatar and its "affect" not "effect" you handsome fukk.

Astonishing that Marty speaks & spells in English better than you.

PS: Luv ya pal, no homo. :cheers:

Last edited: