Emmi - have you ever won anything?

• Start date
  • Replies 31 Comments
  • Views 3,033 Views
Emmi, what brought you to this board? Are you a gambler?

Sorry if this is common knowledge but I was on hiatus for a while.

I just wanted to make sure he did not make too much fun of me.
We are both descended from the same mother country, I would not make fun of you.

I would like to know if you find Robyn attractive though.
4536743.gif

Emmi, what brought you to this board? Are you a gambler?

Sorry if this is common knowledge but I was on hiatus for a while.

Jello, I am a wannabe-gambler. I might start it more seriously, when I learn enough about it. It would be nice to win something else than a CD one day.

We are both descended from the same mother country, I would not make fun of you.

I would like to know if you find Robyn attractive though.
4536743.gif

Wow, that smiley has an enormous and sore-looking penis. It is a bit disturbing; are you trying to live up to the creepster-image of yours? ;)
I like Robyn's posts, if that is what you ask.

Emmi, if you are not already a gambler I wouldn't advise starting. It's generally a losing endeavor unless you take a very disciplined and scientific approach.

I guess what I was asking is whether somebody here introduced you to the site/board or if you just found it on your own. Feel free to ignore the question if I'm being invasive.

Wow, that smiley has an enormous and sore-looking penis. It is a bit disturbing; are you trying to live up to the creepster-image of yours? ;)
I like Robyn's posts, if that is what you ask.

So does Plommer.

Thanks for participating, pal.

Emmi, if you are not already a gambler I wouldn't advise starting. It's generally a losing endeavor unless you take a very disciplined and scientific approach.

I guess what I was asking is whether somebody here introduced you to the site/board or if you just found it on your own. Feel free to ignore the question if I'm being invasive.

I was invited to join by an especially charming fellow who I know from another forum. :)

I was invited to join by an especially charming fellow who I know from another forum. :)

nick?

rip nick

I won some scholarships (are you yawning yet?) and a CD once. The band was called "Fifth Finger" and I flipped out because I usually never win anything materialistic.

On a bittersweet note: I talked to an old friend of mine whose father is an Emmy-winning writer for TV who is is in a hospice now. He called my friend today and said: "Darling, would you please call the funeral home? I passed away yesterday." My friend: "Daddy, no, you are with us still. You did not pass away." Her dad, after a pause, "Well, maybe I should trust the living more." We laughed and cried at the same time.

Emmi a scholarship for what?

My step dad was a dentist. When he was in hospice near the end, he woke up and was lucid. He told us that he had gone to heaven, but came back. We were all very interested in what he saw there and asked him. There was a extremely long pause and we thought that he had gone back to sleep. We sat quietly in the chairs around him, then, with his eyes closed and a big smile on his face he said, "dental equipment".

It still makes me laugh and get a lump in my throat at the same time.

Emmi, are you good at math Emmi?

Emmi a scholarship for what?

My step dad was a dentist. When he was in hospice near the end, he woke up and was lucid. He told us that he had gone to heaven, but came back. We were all very interested in what he saw there and asked him. There was a extremely long pause and we thought that he had gone back to sleep. We sat quietly in the chairs around him, then, with his eyes closed and a big smile on his face he said, "dental equipment".

It still makes me laugh and get a lump in my throat at the same time.

Emmi, are you good at math Emmi?

Thank you for sharing that story, MrsX.

I am ok at math. I would not say I am good at it. And ok means I am in control of my finances and how I spend my money. Besides that, numbers to me are just...numbers. Irrelevant minor distractions in my life (can you tell I had a glass of chianti already?).

I won a scholarship to go to grad school in the US (Fulbright). Then, some smaller ones while going to school in Italy. Someone will accept you...as long as you apply to at as many institutions as possible. :)

Your math question makes me wonder what I am good at...I guess I am better at languages/art/etc. than at any science.

Last edited: