Dual lines - opinions?

• Start date
  • Replies 78 Comments
  • Views 5,208 Views
how is having a dual line set being dishonest? You have a line when you log in. You play it or you don't? I'm not making the connection where they are being dishonest to the bettor as to what they are betting on?

Wouldn't you be upset if you are offered -115 on the same games and at the same time I get -110?

how is having a dual line set being dishonest?

what if i deposit in a book because i see that i like their lines via a line service only to be immediately switched to a different line set then told i cant withdraw because i have an absurd rollover?

now if these books were forthright youd potentially have a leg to stand on with that question but all ive encountered arent.

how is having a dual line set being dishonest? You have a line when you log in. You play it or you don't? I'm not making the connection where they are being dishonest to the bettor as to what they are betting on?

Well it's dishonest because no one will admit to doing it. If a part of the way you do business is something you won't/can't admit, the question is why.

Rec books have always booted sharps, and in fact most have it explicitly in their T&Cs that they will kick out or limit action they deem to be "non-recreational". So why don't they just say "if we deem your action to be sharp, we may shift you to a different line set from the one others are getting" or "we do not offer the same line set to all of our customers".

They do the same thing with bonuses. Bookmaker takes away your betpoints if they think you are sharp, and they openly admit that. So why is it that books that deal dual lines do not admit it? Unless there is a book that has been open about it, but I'm not aware of one.

Generalization, cause I’m bored and opinionated not because I’m informed.

Isn’t it just a little absurd to expect ethical practices from an industry mired in unethical people?

A book is looking to take advantage where they can as much as many of their consumer base is looking for the same advantages. Does it make it right, certainly not but what else would anyone really expect?

What’s the solution? Surely a government ran book which was taxed and regulated might be the closest we could come, hmmmmmmm, probably not.
An oversight board who were set in place to regulate and moderate books activities and monitor their practices? Do we trust those committees who oversee international soccer, Formula 1, hell even the NBA?
You can’t even trust supposed Watchdog Sites like SBR (joke) to be totally honest in their monitoring of these books.

There have been books that do it sort of straight up. Like with phoenix/5dimes and the reduced juice. Players are given the choice between linesets but shaper players are often removed or limited from the reduced juice but allowed to continue on the other set.

That isn't exactly the same thing, but it's pretty similar. If I had a book I would profile every player and deal each one different line sets. Sitting there and letting assholes like me pick off number you don't adjust within 4 seconds isn't gonna work out for any book.

Generalization, cause I’m bored and opinionated not because I’m informed.

Isn’t it just a little absurd to expect ethical practices from an industry mired in unethical people?

A book is looking to take advantage where they can as much as many of their consumer base is looking for the same advantages. Does it make it right, certainly not but what else would anyone really expect?

What’s the solution? Surely a government ran book which was taxed and regulated might be the closest we could come, hmmmmmmm, probably not.
An oversight board who were set in place to regulate and moderate books activities and monitor their practices? Do we trust those committees who oversee international soccer, Formula 1, hell even the NBA?
You can’t even trust supposed Watchdog Sites like SBR (joke) to be totally honest in their monitoring of these books.

All industries are full of unethical people. Regulation in europe makes for some of the worst sports books ever.

Gov't run would be worse. What does gov't do well? Nothing? They would put up shit like -120/-120

All industries are full of unethical people. Regulation in europe makes for some of the worst sports books ever.

Gov't run would be worse. What does gov't do well? Nothing? They would put up shit like -120/-120

I'm afraid they will run something similar to Ontario's Proline and shave the odds on parlays, avoiding any straight bets.

There have been books that do it sort of straight up. Like with phoenix/5dimes and the reduced juice. Players are given the choice between linesets but shaper players are often removed or limited from the reduced juice but allowed to continue on the other set.

That isn't exactly the same thing, but it's pretty similar. If I had a book I would profile every player and deal each one different line sets. Sitting there and letting assholes like me pick off number you don't adjust within 4 seconds isn't gonna work out for any book.

Why not just clone then?

Las Vegas regulations seem to work pretty well.

You don't see NEARLY as much in the way of shenanigans that you do offshore. It still happens from time to time, but the books don't want to lose their gaming license over a little pocket change.

I actually think dual lines benefit advantage players. Put me on the square lineset right away. Let me pound the shit out of it. Oh, you're going to move me to a "sharp" lineset? Shucks. New account coming since I can get those vanilla lines anywhere. I want your other lines since you're giving them out.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

What are you trying to accomplish? You're essentially kicking out sharps regardless, and you're giving them good lines in the process. But those sharps will probably come back again to exploit your lines anyway.

If your lines move as a market should and you balance your books (or you clone), how many sharps are able to capitalize on an edge? Why are these books so afraid to let the market shape their lines? If they clone, how much do these books get exploited by market manipulation? They make themselves vulnerable rather than able to capitalize on it as Pinny does. Move on air all the way down, and watch someone pound the shit all the way back up on you. Wanna fuck up your books? That's how you do it.

If I ran a book, I wouldn't deal dual linesets for many reasons.

Last edited:
I made 8 $500 bets at bet365 yesterday. they went 2-6. account is now down money in the 2 months i've had it.

today they limit me to $12.

I actually think dual lines benefit advantage players. Put me on the square lineset right away. Let me pound the shit out of it. Oh, you're going to move me to a "sharp" lineset? Shucks. New account coming since I can get those vanilla lines anywhere. I want your other lines since you're giving them out.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Yea it's really the same (i already have a new bet365 account). I don't know exactly how Heritage is going about this, the only thing i've seen is increased juice on soccer on one account (oddly was not mine).

Pinny is really the only bookmaker (for us sports). Even greek/bookmaker get mad if you bet steam even though they claim to only move on action. If you move on action you don't give a shit about steam.

went in the other day to sbk to pick their dnb for brazilian serie a and every line moved (some twice) when Potato tried to log in and place bets

wasn't even close to game time, it was at 3 am or 6 am...we forget

might have been a fluke since other soccer dnb's aren't auto-moving