DQ Costs Horseplayer over $1.6 mil

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,100 Views
yeah, looks like the foul didn't affect the outcome of the race.

rigged assholes fuck that shut them down

Anyone else read this as "Dairy Queen Horseplayer"?

:lol: you jack ass. Dairy Queen horse player would probably be a 95 year old single woman who would hit for 7 figures and kick the bucket a week later (no will)

I did at first too.:bee:

:thumbsup:

DQ'ed is something only a horseplayer would understand.

I am not into Horse Racing but I think I got it from other sports, like Track and Field, Cross Country Skiing or Speed Skating to name a few. What other sports have DQ? ....aaaand GO!

If I would have seen DQed, I would have put it together..but for some reason just seeing DQ like that reminded me of Dairy Queen.. until I read the rest of the title

http://blog.horseplayersassociation...fstream-park-dq-winner-hits.html?spref=tw&m=1

This is the craziest story ever. This guy would have taken down the entire pool had he played a .20 bet. But because he played for $1, he got the consolidation 5 times.

Guy is obviously old school.

My old man is like that. He still bets a $1 tri box of 3 horses for a cost of $6.

I showed him how to bet $0.20 Tri wheels but he always goes back to betting the box.

I bet $0.20 superfecta wheels. I take a horse I like and use it in either 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th spot and use longshots on top and/or in 1st and 2nd spots.

I've hit a bunch of superfectas that paid over $5k this way.

I would love to go to the track with plommer and fiveteamer and bet the ponies.

Plom, if money and time were no object I'd head up there for that no doubt.

As long as you promise to not try and rape me.

Yeah, my dad was like that too. He'd play $1 boxes all day.

Best story I have is my dad taking down the entire Canadian Mountaineer late double pool on a Monday night on a $1 double for 6 bucks.

They weren't even bombs, they were like a 9/1 and a 8/1, the thing returned over $1500 for a double. It was the most unreal thing. I'll never forget that.

Daffy, can't blame me pal, you're sexy.

Fiver I am addicted to the win-4, if I was betting horses I would always play. Then they came out with the $0.20 superfecta and it has replaced the win-4 as my favourite bet.

The key to hitting a big superfecta payoff is to use horses that don't figure. You gotta hit the all button for second spot sometimes.
Then when the 90-1 shot finishes second to the 2-1 choice the super still comes back $10k.

I never let a horse beat me out of the tri, especially a longshot. I bet the same way all the time. If I like the 2 horse I'll find 2 or 3 more horses I think can win and bet like this:

$0.20 tri 1,5,7 - 2- all
$0.20 1,5,7- all - 2

$0.20 superfecta 1,5,7 - 2 - all - 1,5,7
$0.20 1,5,7 - all - 2 - 1,5,7
etc etc.

well shit, if its a jackpot pool, you're really hurting yourself not betting the minimum. I mean you cant hit the jackpot 5 times. Its different for tri and supers though.