Do the European power teams just mess with the MLS teams?

• Start date
  • Replies 27 Comments
  • Views 2,880 Views

Deuce

Broke
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Serious question. Scores close, seemed it should be like 5 nil?

Remember it's just an exhibition game which doesn't count for everything so there is no doubt an unwritten rule (much like the unwritten MLB mercy rules) that the visiting team doesn't decimate the domestic opposition. However, since it is an exhibition game, there isn't much incentive for the "better" team to actually play at 100% since they are wanting to save their energy for the regular season.

just here for the money

selling a friendly is good business

It's like the Tigers minor Class A team playing the Yankees. Of course they will get clobbered even in an exhibition game. You can't teach passing skills. You either have it or not.

Juventus training in Philly even though playing in other cities! If I can wake up might go see them train tomorrow at Nova Care Complex! Open training means visitors welcomed? Rush hour into Philly blows though!

25th July 2011

- 9:00 am
TRAINING

Open training at NovaCare Complex

- ore 02:05 pm
DEPARTURE

Departure for New York (United States)
from Philadelphia railway station
(Philadelphia, PA - 30th Street Station)

- ore 03:30 pm
ARRIVAL

Arrival at "Pennsylvania Station" of New York and transfer to the

THE NEW YORK PALACE
455 Madison Avenue
10022 New York
US

- ore 19:00
TRAINING

Training at "Citi Field"

Lost 2-1 last night to Sporting Lisbon in Toronto!

Pirlo now a Juve man! Nice!

d18762d3-4015-43c4-aac1-21deea34689d.jpg

And Toni also!

e7ed6f7f-b36d-406b-ae5e-3754427bc897.jpg

Alex got the lone goal!

abbea957-62b5-4923-be03-130c827bf123.jpg

It's like the Tigers minor Class A team playing the Yankees. Of course they will get clobbered even in an exhibition game. You can't teach passing skills. You either have it or not.

but that's not how it happened

Sorry but I'm on a "submit reply" binge! Dafty, this one's for you! It never gets old!

Why do they play these "friendlies" outside of the money? People in the US really don't care about pro soccer.

Worst Euro tournament ever.

Mr. Monkey, you should go to watch Juventus just to see the legend that is ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO

SoV

Mr. Monkey, you should go to watch Juventus just to see the legend that is ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO

:up:

SoV

That's because England didn't qualify.

Couldn't give two fucks about them, tbh.

Mr.M, you're a man after my own heart.

The things I would do to Pirlo!!!!

:heart: