Diet betting/gambling sites ...lose weight, gain $$$

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 1,024 Views
What are the +EV ones, for the sharp fatasses?

I haven't read thru them all. I'll get back to you.

I'm actually thinking of doing this..They have a "high stakes" game that starts in 3 days. I don't think losing $150 would motivate me that much, but my competitive nature would. This shoulder injury has seriously fucked up my exercise plan.

They have paid something like 7 million to winners. They take a cut of all the loser's entry fees. I wish I would have thought of this.

You have to verify by pics, self and scale.

http://www.dietbetter.com/player-profile/112193

GXNfYCO.jpg

C10kNlQ.jpg

http://www.dietbetter.com/

On the higher stakes ones I think you need to do a video. I don't know how they would know the girl on the scale is the same one with the weight showing, but I'm sure they have that all worked out. Maybe foot recognition analysis.

Despite what they say here I still think it's illegal.

In the US this is not considered gambling because the outcome of your dietbet is based on skill, not luck. Unless your refrigerator has been retrofitted to work like a slot machine, your weight is under your control.

Let's start with the legal definition of gambling (in the US):
A person engages in gambling if he stakes or risks something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under his control or influence...

Gambling fundamentally involves betting on something outside your control or influence, like the Packers winning on Sunday, or on a contest of chance, like the spin of a roulette wheel. DietBet is neither. There is no luck involved in whether you win and your weight is entirely under your control (hard as that may be to believe sometimes). It is the textbook definition of a skill-based contest.

Furthermore, because DietBet is not winner-take-all like The Biggest Loser TV show, there can be multiple winners in each game. Indeed, everyone in the game can win (in that case, everyone gets their money back). It doesn't matter if someone else in your game loses more weight than you, or loses weight faster.

In the end, DietBet is just a healthy race against the scale with money as an incentive.

support.dietbet.com/knowledgebase/articles/303832-not-gambling

I also thought the fact that the house takes a cut made it considered illegal...like house poker games or super bowl squares, if house doesn't take a cut it's ok. And I'm pretty sure I read that that is how they make their money. But if it's not gambling to begin with, then that qualifier doesn't apply I guess.

But I do agree with you RJ...not that that would deter me of course.

Blogilates Hot Body Challenge
Feb 02 - Mar 01 / $143,310 Pot

View the Game >
Your dietbet is now officially over!

Congratulations on reaching your goal!

You've won $45.56 in this game.

thanks IAG!!!!

good job Archie:chickendance: