• Views 814 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
Muslims issue fatwa on body scanners

Saying that body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslim-American groups are supporting a fatwa a reli*gious ruling that forbids Muslims from going through the scanners at airports. The Fiqh Council of North America a body of Islamic scholars issued a fatwa this week that says going through the airport scanners would violate Islamic rules on modesty. It is a violation of clear Islamic teachings that men or women be seen naked by other men and women, the fatwa says Tuesday. Islam highly emphasizes haya (modesty) and considers it part of faith. The Koran has commanded the believers, both men and women, to cover their private parts. The decision could complicate efforts to intensify screening of potential ter*rorists who are Muslim. The Council on American-Islamic Relations says it endorses the fatwa.

Ummm ...I think they're missing the point here. :lmao:

They don't have to go through the body scanners. They can refuse and go through body cavity searches by a security guard. Is there a fatawa for body cavity searches? They can take the bus if they don't like flying wrapped in sheets like mummies.

Might be the dumbest protest ever. Ever ever ever.

Dear Muslims,

We see what you are doing here.

:lmao:

These aren't the Muslims you're looking for.

Do they think that life is all just one big Mel Brooks movie?

"Oh it's against your religion. Well why didn't you say so earlier? Hey! We gotta let these men pass through. It's against their religion."

(Oh yeah....and LOL at Pavy asking whether body cavity searches would violate this same religious tenet.)

:lmao:

These aren't the Muslims you're looking for.

Don't be so sure of that, I think we're looking for the ones that do whatever the Imam/Mulah/Ayatollah tells them to do. This could bring racial tensions to a new high in this country's post-civil rights era.

There is no good ending with this topic, regardless of the mini storylines in between. People will get blow'd up.

Paying taxes is against my religion and I am ready to make quite a stink about it.

If flying in an airplane was a Constitutional right, they might have a point. Unfortunately for them, they can take the bus with all of the other smelly people.