Dallas Braden 2 Alex Rodriquez 0

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
Before today Oakland's Dallas Braden, a ninth round pick of the 2004 draft out of Texas Tech, had only 52 career starts and was probably most famous for this season's spat with Alex Rodriguez. In an April 22 game pitching against the Yankees, Rodriguez ran over the pitcher's mound as he returned to first base after a foul ball which, as one of those quirky unwritten rules of baseball, didn't please Braden. In a subsequent two week war of words through the media, Rodriguez mocked Braden and calling him "a guy that has a handful of wins in his career" and as recently as Friday concluded that "I really don't want to extend his extra 15 minutes of fame he already has”.

gamahaaci.jpg

On Sunday, Braden extended those 15 minutes permanently when he pitched only the 19th perfect game in the history of major league baseball as he dispatched 27 Tampa Bay batters in 109 pitches, striking out six in the process. An impressive achievement for a pitcher with a W/L record well under .500 and a career xFIP nudging 5. Fangraphs noted that with a career 6.9 hits, 2.0 walks and 0.2 reaching on errors per 27 batters faced the chance of Braden pitching a perfect game was 0.001517% or, if you're a betting man, a juicy +6591900 underdog. The game lasted a shade over two hours in front of 12,228 fans at the Oakland Coliseum with most of the Yankees team who watching the game in the Fenway Park's visitor's clubhouse as they prepared for their evening game with the Red Sox. One of the few Yankees players not watching? Alex Rodriguez.

Last edited:
I still remember Juan Nieves. How many perfect games since then? that was '87 I believe

Juan Nieves threw a no hitter rather than a perfect game but to answer the question, there have been 8 of the 19 perfect games since 1987. A no hitter, although obviously impressive, is over x10 more common than a perfect game.

who needs wikipedia when you have polaroid

ha, I thought it was a perfect game. But hey, I'll take your word over my faulty memory pal. good job

ARod makes $27 million and has a championship.

Arod 27,000,001 Braden 2

ARod makes $27 million and has a championship.

Arod 27,000,001 Braden 2

A-Rod is also a first class, steroid abusing cheat.

Dallas Braden 3 Alex Rodriquez 0

A-Rod is also a first class, steroid abusing cheat.

Dallas Braden 3 Alex Rodriquez 0

A-Rod has banged the likes of Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz and Madonna.

Steroids...that argument doesn't even mean anything anymore...everyone used steroids.

A-Rod has banged the likes of Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz and Madonna.

Steroids...that argument doesn't even mean anything anymore...everyone used steroids.

I agree everyone used steroids. But Arod deserves shit for running across the mound, and calling for the fly ball in Toronto last year while running the bases.

I agree everyone used steroids. But Arod deserves shit for running across the mound, and calling for the fly ball in Toronto last year while running the bases.

Running across the mound? I mean come on....and yelling during a pop up? This isn't little league....its big boy baseball. Those things really aren't a big deal....

Running across the mound? I mean come on....and yelling during a pop up? This isn't little league....its big boy baseball. Those things really aren't a big deal....

I never really played baseball after little league, but the few guys I know who played college baseball, and played in the minors consider these things big deals. Why is Arod basically the only one pulling this little stunts.

It's all about good sportsmanship. Maybe he didn't know about how he shouldn't have crossed the mound but there is no reason to be a dick about it afterwards. And yelling during a popup? Isn't that just totally pathetic?