Creative ways to earn airline miles

• Start date
  • Replies 40 Comments
  • Views 4,644 Views
Timer have you ever tried to book frequent flyer mile tickets? I'd listen to Saulty's advice and go get a cashback card unless you feel like losing a kidney just to get a flight 8yrs from now.

Last edited:
bonnie would be ashamed, cami

clyde would bitch slap you senseless

Alright, Alright, I admit it, I am his partner in crime. damn. you drug it out of me.

good work cami

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Another idea came to mind. Can i purchase a prepaid debit card/ visa gift card with a 2,000 limit with my Credit Card? Im trying to circumvent the fact that i cant pay my house payment on a credit card but i can on a debit card.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Another idea came to mind. Can i purchase a prepaid debit card/ visa gift card with a 2,000 limit with my Credit Card? Im trying to circumvent the fact that i cant pay my house payment on a credit card but i can on a debit card.

It's possible, depends on store policy (the software used at the terminal) and the cashier.

Some places will allow it and others won't, hit or miss.

It's possible, depends on store policy (the software used at the terminal) and the cashier.

Some places will allow it and others won't, hit or miss.

Would i beable to buy a card with such a limit at a store or would i have to get a visa pre paid debit card directly from visa so i can load it with whatever amount i want? The highest thing ive ever seen in a store was a $500 visa debit card. Im not interested in buying multiple cards. Just 1 with a high enough limit that i could schedule my mortgage as a recurring payment on it.

PS A cash back card would of probably made more sense in hinsight but im going to be traveling here soon so i got this southwest visa because it came with 2 free roundtrips.

how about hunting for a good deal and forgetting this nonsense

Most of the times this shit just benefits the company

Timer:

Buy a TV for $1500 from Best Buy.

Do a "split transaction" meaning you use two credit cards, use the Chase Visa for $1200 and another Visa card for the balance.

Wait a few days and return the TV, get the refund processed to the NON Chase card!

Rinse/repeat.

You can do this with high end items and it doesn't have to be at Best Buy.

Plommer has used similar schemes for converting gift cards and merchandise back to cash.

Plommer is a bit of a criminal.

and what happens when the non chase card doesn't have a $1200 outstanding balance on it?

and what happens when the non chase card doesn't have a $1200 outstanding balance on it?

What happens?

That depends on what his limit is on that card and the amount of available credit.

If his balance is zero I would recommend taking a cash advance for $1200, then the credit from the return will replenish the advance.

Besty, I hope you're not questioning my abilities, pal.

What happens?

That depends on what his limit is on that card and the amount of available credit.

If his balance is zero I would recommend taking a cash advance for $1200, then the credit from the return will replenish the advance.

Besty, I hope you're not questioning my abilities, pal.

and get pegged for 25+% interest. that is if you are even able to get a CA with a negative balance

and some cards might actually reject a credit that was never put on the card in the first place. especially for $1200.

and get pegged for 25+% interest. that is if you are even able to get a CA with a negative balance

and some cards might actually reject a credit that was never put on the card in the first place. especially for $1200.
25% for a few days? I don't think so.

A credit card company is not going to reject a refund back to a card, doesn't matter if it was the card used for the purchase or not.