Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 171,803 Views
Dave bowed out of the conversation gracefully but was sucked back in (gracefully) by Reno’s gravitational pull.

Yeah, I'm really really really bad about prioritizing things that actually provide me with any fulfillment or enjoyment. I just get sucked into this self-destructive, time-wasting vortex. This thread is basically PERFECT for having no fucking respect for myself or my time and energy!

I just talked to my dad in NJ. Evidently Florida has banned people from NJ,NY and LA to come into Florida.

If this really is the case, I’m beginning to gain respect for Florida and how they are handling this. 2 weeks ago I really thought this state would be the worst in regards to this.

Ok, it's Vice, but this isn't a very surprising bit of coronanews. The Chinese are likely still lying and covering up.

What's concerning is that high-profile people like Bill Gates have decided to believe in the Chinese numbers, which directly influences their thinking and decision-making.

Ok, it's Vice, but this isn't a very surprising bit of coronanews. The Chinese are likely still lying and covering up.

What's concerning is that high-profile people like Bill Gates have decided to believe in the Chinese numbers, which directly influences their thinking and decision-making.

My ex swears that China has a huge cover up in place. She watches all those videos on You Tube out of China showing the dead bodies being carted off ala Monty Python.

Seems apparent that aside from weakening or destroying the lower classes at home, how these assholes are gonna try to use crisis to achieve geopolitical goals. Start a cold war with China, try to weaken Iran, regime change Venezuela, pressure Cuba etc.
I've been hearing the ridiculous rhetoric already. No surprise NKorea has been shooting off missiles. They are aware how the imperialists work :thinking:

RICKROVID-07 is spreading again :ohmy:

More innuendos and speculation but that's typical of Vice. There would be people who would have died of causes other than coronavirus and their ashes would have been released now too. Anyway, even if we were to assume the actual numbers are 8-10 times higher, that does not change anything because there are deaths in other countries too and any decision making will not be based on just China's numbers.

Since some of you are taking solace in the fact that people in 30s and 40s have a very low probability of dying, does it mean your parents are easily dispensable?

Three people voted for you to be infected first. Not very nice.

More innuendos and speculation but that's typical of Vice. There would be people who would have died of causes other than coronavirus and their ashes would have been released now too. Anyway, even if we were to assume the actual numbers are 8-10 times higher, that does not change anything because there are deaths in other countries too and any decision making will not be based on just China's numbers.

Sure, but China is being mentioned as one of few countries who have gone through the full thing and "flattened the curve". It may turn out to have been a fabrication.

IMO this thing will end up being a game of economic chicken between China and the US. Whoever reopens first "wins". China can probably afford to lose a lot of headcount.

Three people voted for you to be infected first. Not very nice.

Erroneous.

They voted due to my circumstances, i.e. social distancing impossibilities due to being dependent on public transportation and a job which has been deemed life sustaining by local authorities. This is a gambling forum, and I'm simply the odds on favorite for said reasons.

Nice try.

Ok. I take it back. Smart pick. May the virus be with you.