Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,015 Comments
  • Views 175,062 Views
Looks like it's going to be a series of reopenings and lockdowns, as I predicted and as described in the "Hammer and the Dance" scenario last month:

View attachment 3190

Yeah, this certainly makes sense. Just waiting to see if it is actually implemented. It certainly makes a lot more sense than "full open" or "stay closed forever".

In any case, it's looking grim for 2020 sports (outside of stuff like golf that can be safely done without close contact between participants)

Are you aware that Dr. Fauci said MLB can come back by July?

In any case, it's looking grim for 2020 sports (outside of stuff like golf that can be safely done without close contact between participants)

Yeah, besides maybe baseball if they get really creative and are willing to roll the dice on player safety. Football/basketball/hockey looking super grim.

Are you aware that Dr. Fauci said MLB can come back by July?

He said "may be able to", not "can". It's all very iffy.

And I don't think that owners and players truly want to play in empty stadiums. My bet is that a lot of scenarios are going to be explored, but that in the end nothing's going to happen. See you in 2021.

If I were a major league commissioner I would already start focusing my efforts on next year, cause even 2021 is not certain to not go ahead undisturbed.

Here’s my take on the WHO stuff..........

The WHO absolutely got caught flat footed by this and A LOT of people died/will die because of it and I support Trump 100% in cutting funding while we conduct a thorough investigation.

AND

Trump is absolutely using the WHO debacle to deflect what a shitty job he did in February.

How come this fucking guy can toot his own horn every night for 30 minutes about how great he’s handled this pandemic but he can’t spend 5 minutes talking about how contact tracing and antibodies testing is going to be drastically ramped up?

He said "may be able to", not "can". It's all very iffy.

And I don't think that owners and players truly want to play in empty stadiums.

Do you think a guy in Fauci’s position is going to comment on MLB playing in 2020 unless he feels strongly about it?

You’re dead wrong about owners and players. Owners want TV revenue. Players want revenue and 95% of them very much want to play (if you believe what they post on their personal Twitter accounts).

Here’s my take on the WHO stuff..........

The WHO absolutely got caught flat footed by this and A LOT of people died/will die because of it and I support Trump 100% in cutting funding while we conduct a thorough investigation.

AND

Trump is absolutely using the WHO debacle to deflect what a shitty job he did in February.

How come this fucking guy can toot his own horn every night for 30 minutes about how great he’s handled this pandemic but he can’t spend 5 minutes talking about how contact tracing and antibodies testing is going to be drastically ramped up?

Or five minutes on even a shred of condolences to those who have lost loved ones and all of those suffering right now?

Oh don't get me wrong, I have zero love lost for those clowns. I'm just saying that defunding WHO at this moment in time is just political grandstanding... that once again will have real-world negative effects.

It is PG no doubt but WHO put itself in a position of being used ! And unless the money withheld goes to USA citizens? Great chance for US to save money just like with NATO!

I’m 90% sure that’s the first time you’ve looked at what MLB players are saying on Twitter.

I’m a baseball nerd and ball players have been saying “we just want to play” for a month.

It is the first time I look at what they're saying. It doesn't change the fact that you need to read between the lines of all that theoretical planning. It's just planning for planning's sake, cause they need to have a plan in place just in case. But there are way too many obstacles.

I'll bet you 100 US dollorz that there won't be a 2020 World Series champion.

I'll bet you 100 US dollorz that there won't be a 2020 World Series champion.

now this is getting fun. :awesome:

Can we change it to: MLB WILL BE PLAYING REGULAR SEASON GAMES BY JULY 31

?

now this is getting fun. :awesome:

Can we change it to: MLB WILL BE PLAYING REGULAR SEASON GAMES BY JULY 31

?

Nah. I could see this happening.

Let me think.

Maybe Im in the minority, but I don’t see the NFL skipping a beat this year.