• Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 1,594 Views

mrquincy

Generally Specific
Since
Feb 24, 2011
Score
Tokens
What's the deal with Cobb Salad? We Canucks don't really eat anything here called that. Ive heard about it through television references and I've been looking at recipes. Now I think I want to try it. What's the most important thing about it or is it just a what's in the fridge/cupboard salad?

It calls for boiled eggs and corn niblets with chicken and bacon(among other things). It seems like an odd combination.

I don't remember any corn niblets. Leave it to fucking Quincy to start a cobb salad thread.:mrquincy:

What's the deal with Cobb Salad? We Canucks don't really eat anything here called that. Ive heard about it through television references and I've been looking at recipes. Now I think I want to try it. What's the most important thing about it or is it just a what's in the fridge/cupboard salad?

It calls for boiled eggs and corn niblets with chicken and bacon(among other things). It seems like an odd combination.

I thought it was basically a whats in the fridge/cupboard salad that's big enough for dinner.

I have never seen corn in a Cobb salad. I've sometimes seen ham in a Cobb (but Cobb salads and chef salads seem to be pretty interchangeable at times).

3-4 years ago I had a big argument with my wife about there being corn in a Cobb Salad

i'd never actually had a Cobb salad myself....so I was pretty sure of myself

so after some googling, I had to admit that I was wrong...

later I realized I must have been doing a word association thing

corn+cobb

corn on the cob

I need to eat more salads

I figgered it was a salad with a bunch of these things. I don't know anything about anything but I'm standing by that.

th

What is that RJ??

We bought a big tub of those Pre-washed greens yesterday... this one is a baby kale salad... Im bound and determined to eat as much of it as possible before it goes bad.... Hard to find any decent produce at this time of year it seems except for broccoli and kale and the odd asparagus..

I dunno about this Cobb Salad thing...
14495013603_52c876fdfd_o.jpg

I like to throw steamed vegetables on top of a bed of greens and put dressing on that... sometimes just throw a bit of steak or chicken and call it a meal..

Pork rinds, cassava, cabbage and tomato :yum:, popular in some latin countries

Looks good to me.

I just got these fermenting lids for Mason Jars... They are called pickle pipes... Good for small batch fermentation..So far I have only tried one batch of sauerkraut. It tasted good but I need to leave it longer next time.

pickle-pipe-halfgallon.jpg

Pork rinds in a salad? Healthy stuff right there.

If anyone is ever accepting bets on how many salads Mudcat has had in any given period of time: take the under.