Clap Stomp Hurray

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 2,771 Views
Where is this video everyone keeps talking about?

For anyone such as myself that unless he is behind the wheel of a vehicle rarely notices what is going on around him, Microsoft Word has a built-in word counter at the bottom of the screen. I have been writing things in Word for, well hell since 97 maybe and I never noticed that before.

Kind of makes ya wonder what else we miss every single day that is right in front of us.

lol I was going to comment but I figured you did not have microsoft word.

lol I was going to comment but I figured you did not have microsoft word.

I have Word but I have been writing those articles on my IPad and I just checked to make sure that it doesn't have a counter on the App I am using.

wally, you do you bro. Don't sweat the haters. (I'm looking at you Oksana... with my sexy eyes...)

wally, you do you bro. Don't sweat the haters. (I'm looking at you Oksana... with my sexy eyes...)

Fiver, I did think there was at least one or two masked "dumbass" accusations in some of Oxy's post but in the end she is right. Not knowing what my stuff is being used for is bad enough, knowing that my name is attached to it is the worst. I will finish what I started and if they want to continue I will negotiate better terms. I will consider this my Burger King time. You know, like that Burger King job you get while in high school that teaches you, you never want to work at Burger king for a career.

Fiver, I did think there was at least one or two masked "dumbass" accusations in some of Oxy's post but in the end she is right. Not knowing what my stuff is being used for is bad enough, knowing that my name is attached to it is the worst. I will finish what I started and if they want to continue I will negotiate better terms. I will consider this my Burger King time. You know, like that Burger King job you get while in high school that teaches you, you never want to work at Burger king for a career.

If you got any sense that I was implying you were a dumbass from anything I posted, then we have a massive communication problem. If I thought you were a dumbass, I would've just said "yeah good luck pal... can't wait for your thread in 2 mths when you're crying because someone's butchered/abused your name".

I've said many times on the forum that I went to school for a finance concentration. I was recruited to work for a massive newspaper conglomerate because they didn't want journo grads but they were willing to pay quite well for people they thought had brains. So I chose Orlando out of all of the locations offered as it was quite far from TBay but still somewhat driveable if I happened to shit myself. I was a Features Editor for a few years... Features are those ridiculous articles you see every wk in your paper but probably don't look at ie Soap Opera news, gardening, cooking, advice (dear abby, etc), horoscopes, diy, etc... And not only did I ghost write a lot but I had the chance to just write when people were on holidays or were sacked and we were waiting to fill their position. And it always came down to the newspaper and who would be editing my content. Even as a schmuck, I didn't have much but my name. I got headhunted for my current job and it's kind of the same thing... although instead of being published to the world, it's made available to a Board of D's. If my name's on it, I want to own it. If I didn't give a shit because this was a one time shot or just needed some pocket cash, then ok. But I didn't get the sense that that was your case... I had the impression you actually enjoyed this and wanted to continue on in this industry writing either under your name or your forum name. Sorry if I was mistaken. S xo

Last edited:
For anyone such as myself that unless he is behind the wheel of a vehicle rarely notices what is going on around him, Microsoft Word has a built-in word counter at the bottom of the screen. I have been writing things in Word for, well hell since 97 maybe and I never noticed that before.

Kind of makes ya wonder what else we miss every single day that is right in front of us.

:lol:

change your name and outsource the work to india, pocket the difference.

Oksana, don't mistake my thinking there was a veiled dumbass in your post for being upset. When you put it into perspective my trusting without investigating is essentially a dumbass move.

As for my wanting it to possibly develop into something down the line it is true. I don't need the money which is why I wasn't concerned about the cheap amount at this time. I need the experience right now. Down the road I will need the money but hopefully by that time I will have developed a style or at least something that is passable as semi-professional.