Chicken raising hipsters?? I'm in a gnarly mood

• Start date
  • Replies 35 Comments
  • Views 2,275 Views
for the non vegetarian hipsters, the way the chickens are raised is important

:lmao: who's that actor he looks familiar?

So "hipsters" are people lacking substance? And they build a life having trivial relationships with things that can be meaningful in a different setting? interesting. yes I know people like that :hmm:

Reno, do the people you know like that have last names that start with X?

I think they were probably trying to get to the west coast, mistakenly headed east on the Trans Canada highway and ended up in Nova Scotia.

Nobody willingly leaves Alberta for Nova Scotia do they?

Pucky relax, I'm joking. :cheers: Nova Scotia is a beautiful place.

She's here going to school. Speech Therapy at DAL.

Plommer, there places in NS that are listed as the most beautiful places in the world. Ever hear of the Cabot Trail? https://www.google.com/search?q=cabot+trail&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=fK7&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RIceUbOCKeewyQH9soDwBQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=602

Peggy's Cove lighthouse?

Plommer, the Toronto musician girl was eaten by Coyotes at a lookoff on the Cabot Trail a few years ago. Some Taylor chick who only spoke english.

french-connection.jpg
FrenchCharnier-e1348966481442.jpg

Was FC the movie that was the true beginnings of the hipster movement? :dunno:

Plommer, there places in NS that are listed as the most beautiful places in the world. Ever hear of the Cabot Trail?

Peggy's Cove lighthouse?

Of course I've heard of those places. I'm from Toronto, that makes me smart, remember?

:cheers:

My grandma raises chickens and she is not even a hipster.

i don't think we have hipsters in these parts, maybe up the road in austin, but it is a different world there. we do have a lot of chickens around here though,

maybe? all I ever hear out of these dweebs is Austin

been a while since i heard someone use 'dweebs' in a sentence.

Willie, you play any fantasy baseball? what about daily fantasy baseball?

despite my love of baseball i've never played a full season of fantasy baseball and recently played a few days here and there dabbling in the daily stuff

i think you will agree with this:

"An aging Generation X/Y is colliding with the hyper-confidence and hyper-awareness of Generation Me. The latter a scattered amoeba of armchair impresarios, one mouse-click and snarky tweet away from ruling the world and with their Bieber-Bangs flowing in the wind. Generation Me trades in snark and status updates."

"Living in a post-Bush, post-Great Recession, hipster-dominated, man-child worship era where the promises and comforts foretold by the 80s and 90s have been withering away. The spiraling value in post-secondary education, the death of middle-men, the permanent prison of non-existent job security, stagnating wages and more young adults moving back in with their parents than ever have in the post-New Deal era, has made the 25-35 age bracket ‘the new puberty’. Add to this nearly a decade of mediocrity*worship (everybody is “special”) that has altered meanings of celebrity, success, the American Dream and earning the stones that pave your road to material riches. This era which saw superlatives like “genius”, “brilliant”, “amazing” and “best ever” lose all meaning thanks to irresponsible overuse. They used to say “everybody’s a comedian”; well, now everyone’s a genius."

I wonder how much our view of various generations is based on their qualities versus our own age at a given time.

Like for example I feel the younger generation are a bunch of dolts lacking taste or substance. But I dont know if they are worse than we were or they seem worse because I'm older.

Maybe all the generations get progressively worse. :hmm: prob not

Willie, you play any fantasy baseball? what about daily fantasy baseball?
entering the 30th season with one league, looking forward to our annual draft near end of march. never played the daily stuff.