• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 1,374 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
You have to put down a $50 refundable deposit. Free money if you get selected. The park is tiny and the fans are bandwagony. Perfect combo. Cubs.com/playoffs

Free and ethically bankrupt!

Is anyone who spends time and effort (and $) procuring something ethically bankrupt? Is a retailer who buys wholesale and sells at retail ethically bankrupt? Is the +ev gambler chasing steam ethically bankrupt?

Troner. Have you ever sold tickets where the buyer paid over face value. For example, couldn't go, bought too many, sold so YOU could break even which caused the buyer to eat the SH, tmaster or eBay markup? Have you ever paid below face for tickets to anything?

Is anyone who spends time and effort (and $) procuring something ethically bankrupt? Is a retailer who buys wholesale and sells at retail ethically bankrupt? Is the +ev gambler chasing steam ethically bankrupt?

Troner. Have you ever sold tickets where the buyer paid over face value. For example, couldn't go, bought too many, sold so YOU could break even which caused the buyer to eat the SH, tmaster or eBay markup? Have you ever paid below face for tickets to anything?

When it comes to concerts and sporting events, the fact that you may be denying a die hard fan access to tickets so you can line your pockets is in my opinion shitty. Yeah, there are surely some wealthy bandwagon Cubs fans who only give a fuck about games during the playoffs, sure. But those aren't the people I'm talking about.

I have never sold tickets above face value. I ended up with an extra 2 tickets to Atlanta United over the summer and all I did was recoup what I paid for the ticket.

I rarely find myself in a situation where I have to sell an existing tickets.

Paid below face for a ticket. Never, pal.

When it comes to concerts and sporting events, the fact that you may be denying a die hard fan access to tickets so you can line your pockets is in my opinion shitty. Yeah, there are surely some wealthy bandwagon Cubs fans who only give a fuck about games during the playoffs, sure. But those aren't the people I'm talking about.

I have never sold tickets above face value. I ended up with an extra 2 tickets to Atlanta United over the summer and all I did was recoup what I paid for the ticket.

I rarely find myself in a situation where I have to sell an existing tickets.

Paid below face for a ticket. Never, pal.
boner could have bought season tickets and been guaranteed playoff tickets. He could have scalped 81 games plus playoffs. There must be some sort of money in it, probably a third of Cub season ticket holders do it, including a guy who is a customer of mine. Thanks to the scalpers, we now have dynamic pricing on tickets.

It's one thing to buy from someone who has an extra at the end vs buying from a scalper. Using the wholesale/retail theory in a post at the top doesn't work either. If you win the chance to buy tickets, you are paying retail, then charging more. Really no different than price gouging.

Unrelated but very nice year in bases across the street, Tron.

oh yeah, Tron been posting picks at sbr instead of here? the prick. (and I don't mean the beat the prick prick :thinking: whatever happened to that guy. ..he was cool)

Hope no one did this. $121 face for season tickets (even more if you did the lottery) selling for $135 before selling fees. Break even (if selling without fees) or worse. Next up... Harry Potter on Broadway... I'm hoping to get opening Xmas week, get some parent from CT to line my pockets all the while feeling great about myself for making some kids holiday!

I know a lot of people who lost their ass on Cub playoff tickets. You could sit most anywhere for under face.

I know a lot of people who lost their ass on Cub playoff tickets. You could sit most anywhere for under face.

But buying tickets under face is morally rephensible so i'm sure no one took advantage of the club/scalpers.

How is buying them at or under face value morally reprehensible?

Cause youre joking but youre not, ya know?

100% joking. more free markets and increased liquidity is a good thing for all.