Cheese Rolling Race Cancelled

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
The Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling Race is an event that has been held annually for over 200 years and is known to television viewers worldwide as That Thing They Have On ESPN Every Year With Those Crazy Brits Chasing A Lump Of Cheese Down A Hill.

halkaaacd.jpg

But this year, the event has been cancelled and they are not going to chase a very heavy lump of cheese down a very steep hill due to safety concerns. That's correct, I'll say it again. They have cancelled a 200 year old tradition of chasing a very heavy lump of cheese down a very steep hill due to safety concerns. In a world where people are happily driving around in their Toyota which can turn into a death trap at a seconds notice with a malfunctioning accelerator pedal, someone has seen fit to ban an event in which no-one has ever died and the most serious injury is a bit a bruising or a broken bone or two.

Anyway, here's some footage from an earlier event:

That's correct, I'll say it again. They have cancelled a 200 year old tradition of chasing a very heavy lump of cheese down a very steep hill due to safety concerns.

That really grinds my gears. I want to live in a world where there is more downhill chasing of heavy cheese lumps, not less.

Safety. Pfft.

You wanna know what they should do? I'll tell you what they should do.

They should borrow some bulls from Pamplona and let those fuckers run around while the cheese rolling is going on. :anlight:

the continuation of the pussification of america. anything that is a little bit risky is going to be done away with in favor of wrapping ones self in bubble wrap in order to go out and get the mail.

I am a big fan of this type of quirky thing.
The UKs Health and Safety Executive and local councils who fear litigation have much to answer for.

Sure, someone could break a bone doing this, but they are doing it of their own free will for enjoyment.
Are they going to ban skiing next?:jerk:

I am a big fan of this type of quirky thing.
The UKs Health and Safety Executive and local councils who fear litigation have much to answer for.

Sure, someone could break a bone doing this, but they are doing it of their own free will for enjoyment.
Are they going to ban skiing nex
t?:jerk:

No they are going to ban falling down while skiing or hitting trees while skiing.