• Start date
  • Replies 34 Comments
  • Views 2,151 Views

xpansive

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Ok, so I've been hearing about this diet increasingly on the internet through the like of Jordan Peterson (self admittedly not a dietician but he's lost 50 pounds since switching over to carnivore only) , Joe Rogan (who has studied dietary habits for years) as well as several other dieticians and thus far I've heard nothing regarding negative side effects (only positive really) so thought I'd give it a shot for one month and decide after that whether it's worth continually pursuing.

Diet will consist of chicken, beef, kangaroo, the occasional piece of fish, pork and occasional meat organ as well as good sources of polyunsaturated fats (hence the fish)...

Will be implementing this with gym work 3-5 days per week (dependant on time) of mild intensity for 30-35 mins at a time (going 50% of what I know I can lift, run etc so as to not get sore, hence am able to workout every day if I like)...

For anyone interested in following my progress I'll report here every 3 days with results regarding weight, eating habits as well as physical and emotional wellbeing updates to boot.

Day one: starting weight
IMG_20180703_130044.jpg

That's 254.6 pounds for our backward US counterparts. Physical condition: 38" waist with a keg attached to it and feeling inflamed from current diet of too many sugars, gluten etc...

Starting gut:
IMG_20180703_134429.jpg

Apologees for the quality of pic. Wasn't allowed to take one in change rooms and hence had to be quick about it.

Emotional wellbeing: feeling lethargic, trouble getting up in morning over past week or so, maybe because of staying up to watch WC last night or the sodium filled pizza. Either way, the gremlins of anxiety and a non positive mindset are rolling around upstairs at present.

Any questions or queries as to what I should add/subtract/improve upon this are most welcome.

I'm not recommending this to anyone, I'm just keen on trying it for myself and to see where this leads to. Let's get to hamming it up (pun intended)...

The diet seems like it should be fine. Any time I have wanted to lose weight, I adopt the philosophy of all-the-meat-I-want but no carbs. It always works for me.

As a temporary method to lose weight i think it should be effective. As a long term lifestyle change I think it's a seriously bad idea. BOL brotha, combine it with exercise!

Just meat and nothing else? The baby daddy routinely does Paleo or Keto and loses lots of weight. It's just temporary until he starts drinking and eating junk again.

Hey guys,

So firstly I just wanted to give a big and warm thankyou to you guys for supporting me. Means alot

Ok, so the past few days have been pretty hectic on my body. From crazy sugar and carb cravings to the disappearance of my anxiety and depression, skin that's no longer greasy, increased clarity of thought and a way better sleep, I gotta say that initially this way of eating is not only what I had hoped but is exceeding my expectations in such a short time period.

Weight after day 3
IMG_20180706_103409.jpg

That's almost 5lbs in 3 days. To begin with I was suffering moodiness and lethargy as my body went through the withdrawal process but the past day or so that has cleared up, providing I eat alot. Also using my fitness tracker app to help observe caloric intake.

I understand that this diet isn't for everyone but as a larger hooman after much research I felt as though this culinary lifestyle would best suit this individual and thus far things have worked out well...

Again, any questions please feel free to ask. I'm no expert but can speak from experience. Thanks guys and I'll check back in in a few days time with latest update 👊👊

What kind of meat you been eating?

What kind of meat you been eating?
Eggs, lots of steak (rump, porterhouse etc) , chicken (mainly breast), red salmon and tuna for omega 3's and bacon...gotta get those good oils in. Oh and sometimes a coffee with unsweetened almond milk before workout for extra energy👍👍

One last thing, I've already noticed a sizeable decrease in joint pain when at the gym, meaning I can lift heavier. At a guess, I'd assume it's the inflammation leaving my body that's generally bought on by carbs and sugars...

Oh and finally I'm now at three notches into my belt, not two 😁😁

Cheers MrM

I'm finding this very interesting. I'm loving the updates of how you're feeling, aside from just the weight loss. Keep it up!

Eat plain steamed vegetables too if you are planning on continuing this for more than a few weeks.

Good luck, sir.

I have a little side-report. Not meaning to hijack the thread but I maintain my weight by eating whatever I want through the week - and then I have a "low-cal day." There might be two low-cal days - or possibly none - depending where things stand with respect to my optimum weight.

Anyway my optimum weight is 170 (pounds) and when I woke up yesterday I was 171.4. So I went ahead with a low-cal day.

This morning I was 167.4. My weight was down 4 full pounds in 24 hours. I ate properly and I had a good crap so I'm not surprised to get down to 170. But 167.4?? I don't even understand that. The low-cal day is a pretty routine thing for me and it never goes like that. Freaky.

Anyway, my low-cal day consisted of a big damn steak. Now I don't think in terms of carnivore-only so I also had some onion and tomato. A few plums and cherries through the day.

But that's my story at this time.

Whatever - I'm going for a smores muffin and an apple fritter.

Focking men. That would take me three weeks to lose.

Hello pplz, what's up in the land of one's and zeros...

So it's the end of the first week and some surprising developments have occurred....

First up
IMG_20180710_134901.jpg

That was 112.6 pre workout but didn't have my phone on me at the time, so that's with a full stomach of water...

So yeah, this diet is having a positive effect in terms of weight loss but since my last update I've been to the docs and was told that due to a pre-existing condition with my kidneys that there was no way I could continue on here. Hate to say it but the doc was right as around day 5 I began experiencing uncomfort from that region to the point where it was effecting my ability to sleep and basically function as efficiently as I know is possible.

Hence, whilst I'm still eating alot of meat, I can no longer say that the weight loss can be attributed to being all carnivore. For my own health I've began adding in white rice once a day as well as some broccoli and cabbage. It's been a couple of days since and the inflammation in my kidneys has dissipated to the point where it's no longer effecting my daily functionality.

Emotionally am feeling really good (besides the kidney pain which was understandably bringing on a degree of moodiness haha) with consistent moods and mindset and at the gym have been smashing it. Back up to 120kg on squats x6 as well as a host of other strength improvements, mostly due to the lack of joint pain. So yeah, feeling really good both physically and emotionally.

It's said that 2 surities exist in life; death and taxes. They should add that you are what you eat...

Til next time people, keep being crazy and do what you do