Canada is Larger than China

Probably not helicopters since they use that separately.

This all makes me wonder, do Canadians know all 50 states?

Is Prince Edward Island its own province? Labrador? Is one of those a peninsula on the other?

I think I have 9/10 and 10/10 if PEI is one (and just missed if its Labrador instead). Completely missed 1 if not one of those.

I'd guess that less than 5% of American adults could name all ten (and only a slightly higher % could name all 50 states).

Oh I missed. Since grade school i feel like theyve changed it to provinces and territories? I had:

Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
Saskatchewan
Quebec
Ontario
Newfoundland (and Labrador?)
PEI
Yukon
Northern Terratorries (missed northWEST)

So I missed new Brunswick, nova scotia, nunavut and conflated a couple provinces vs. territories.

I'm sure they're all taught in grade school.

I'm sure I can name all 50 states but it would take me a while to come up with the last remaining few.

Shit, sometimes I blank on NHL teams.

Last edited:
This all makes me wonder, do Canadians know all 50 states?
Recite them? I can recite all 50 states. I've been to or driven through almost all of them, including small usually forgotten about states like Rhode Island, and Delaware.

Spent massive amounts of time in NY state & Florida, between 1985-2005. When my parents lived in Bradenton I'd be in Florida for months at a time during the 90's. Also spent a lot of time in western NY, I'm talking hundreds of visits over the years, mostly day trips.

I could probably point out most on a map too although I might have trouble on a blank map differentiating Iowa and Nebraska.

Fun fact. My parents are naturalized US citizens and at one point I had an application in to be sponsored by them for a green card.
I withdrew my application though, my dad hated the politics and attitude in Florida and couldn't wait to get back to Toronto - he was/is a staunch union guy and in Florida his fellow workers were quite opposed to unions. Drove him crazy. Anyway, my parents worked in Florida long enough to become eligible for their US gov't and employee pensions and moved back to Canada as soon as they could. Now they get multiple pension payments from both the US and Canada, live in Niagara Falls Ontario and have Nexus cards so they cross between NY and Ontario at a small dedicated bridge for Nexus holders and its like the border barely exists. They shop in the US frequently (pre-covid) and get Canadian healthcare and have it pretty good.

From memory:

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

Going quickly through the alphabet, I listed about 25 in a first pass, then spent 15 minutes trying to recall the rest. Then I gave up.

I don't think this stuff was taught in Canadian elementary or even high school, but I famously did not pay attention to much of anything in school outside of girls, hockey cards or guitar magazines.

Apologies to:

Ohio
Illinois
Kansas
Utah
Wisconsin

getting bored with the rubiks cube are you there Matty?

getting bored with the rubiks cube are you there Matty?
Fuck no. My average is just under a minute now. Ima keep plugging away until I do a sub-20.
Screenshot_20201122_184556_com.aricneto.twistytimer.jpg

Screenshot_20201122_184601_com.aricneto.twistytimer.jpg

thanks marty, nothin beats looking at an image the size of a 29 inch computer screen of a rubiks cube stat.

Marty, please shrink your images so that people don't have to scroll 3 pages to see the whole thing.

Marty I don't think the dumbericans will get this but I know you will.

Took me a few tries to record this as I was cracking up watching.

(Its a parody of English Canada/Ontario vs French Canada/Quebec - they are ice fishing in Quebec, just across the Ontario line)

Last edited: