Can someone show me how to buy bitcoins?

• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 655 Views

fiveteamer

#nonewfriends
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just break it down and explain it to me like the moran I am.

I need to buy bitcoins in Canada. The caveat is that I doubt that my bank will allow me to etf online.

The whole process seems so shady and I don't know which sites I can trust.

1977462_798718070892_2081851782_n.jpg

Fiver, I'll just mail the drugs to you via paypal payment if you want.

2 options:

1) Sign up at a bitcoin exchange. A convenient one for Canadians is www.cavirtex.com. It interacts with your checking account. You'll need to get verified and shit, just like with Neteller back in the day.

2) Simpler option - go to www.localbitcoins.com and look for people accepting cash deposits or Paypal (I know, no Paypal in your case 'cause you stiffed them :bashing:) You'll need to go to the bank and deposit into their account. Sounds scary but the guys with 100% ratings on the site are safe, I've done it several times.

Option 1 is cheaper, option 2 is quicker.

Oh, totally forgot:

3) Go to the Bitcoin Decentral near King and Spadina. There's a Bitcoin ATM. Then stop by Matty's for a fresh homemade juice.

:mrquincy:

Apparently on Spadina there's a bitcoin store where you can buy bitcoins from an ATM? How would that work? Do you get some sort of voucher?

Yes, you get some type of receipt with the public key/address (which is used to receive more money at that address) and a private key (needed to spend the amount of bitcoins associated to the private/public key combo.)

It sounds like a mess but it's pretty straightforward.

the us irs is taxing bitcoins as property, not currency

fucked up

Matty, IYOW (InYourOpinionWally) would you invest in Bitcoin now if you were doing it mainly for fun/speculation even though liquidity was an issue?

If you were a Dumberican, how would you go about purchasing Bitcoins?

Tron, no. Buy to spend, the scene is too much of a mess right now and the price is sky-high already.

localbitcoins.com seems to be the best option for almost everyone at this point.

I would rather buy Enron or Lehman Bros stock than bitcoins. At least you can use it as a loss on your tax return.

Really? Can you purchase barbiturates on the deep web with Enron stock?

Really? Can you purchase barbiturates on the deep web with Enron stock?
As long as you file a loss with your taxes. You can use the refund to buy drugs or bacon.