Cami's Recipe Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 191 Comments
  • Views 10,127 Views
cami make steve buy some real plates

Rito, we have some (what I haven't broke anyways), I just hate doing the dishes and don't see the point in dirtying them all if it's just us. I mean if that's what he really wants ok. I wash by hand because my dishwasher is a peace of shit, and I hate doing dishes. Did I mention I hate doing the dishes?

Oh Lord. lmao, I wrote peace when it should have been PIECE

ahahahahahahaha :ouch::endoftheworld::punchface:

Rito, we have some (what I haven't broke anyways), I just hate doing the dishes and don't see the point in dirtying them all if it's just us. I mean if that's what he really wants ok. I wash by hand because my dishwasher is a peace of shit, and I hate doing dishes. Did I mention I hate doing the dishes?

steve should be doing the dishes if you are cooking. that's how it's supposed to be here, but somehow i end up doing both (after i make 3 different meals) wtf is that. we don't use our dishwasher either.

steve should be doing the dishes if you are cooking. that's how it's supposed to be here, but somehow i end up doing both (after i make 3 different meals) wtf is that. we don't use our dishwasher either.

:lmao: some how I doubt that will ever happen.
I wish I had a better dishwasher, would make things so much easier, no garbage disposal either which totally sucks. I love to cook, I just hate the clean up. Some days I am tempted to hire a maid to come clean for me just cause I don't feel like it!

No garbage disposal sucks. I think that was the thing I missed most about the USA in Colombia. Mrs D won't even use the side of the sink where there is the disposal though, I think she is afraid of it.

The only time the disposal made me nervous, is when something fell in there that I had to fish out. That always made me nervous. Man, I really miss having one of those. SO much better for so many reasons.

Monday nights dinner was just amazing, I even surprised myself. I made pork chops, asparagus, and mashed potatoes.
The pork chops I decided to fry in a pan with a couple tablespoon of butter, some cajun seasoning, rosemary, minced garlic, and some crazy mixed up salt. These turned out just so yummy!

Last night I made a london broil (with marinade this time), Sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, and steamed clams. I used a pre mixed garlic and pepper corn mix, added balsamic vinaigrette, vinegar, water, EVOO, and Cayenne pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Not my favorite marinade ever, but still, pretty yummy, and of course, we will be having Dip sandwiches with Au Jus again. YUM!
IMG_20130326_211656_zps0632d1dd.jpg

IMG_20130326_211646_zps7cea7867.jpg

P.S. I am experimenting/learning to do my seasonings and marinades, so if anyone has tips,tricks, advice, or spice mixes of their own, please share! I would enjoy and truly appreciate it!

This is actually pretty good, you can buy it online http://www.sammcgees.com/bbq-marinades-steak/dr-pepper-more-than-mesquite-marinade.html

Dr pepper marinade

Ingredients

1 cup of Dr. Pepper
1 tablespoon of minced garlic clove
1 teaspoon of El Yucateco red habanero hot sauce
1/4 cup of California extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of Tai Hua standard dark soy sauce
1 pinch of onion powder
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of minced vidalia onion
1/4 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice

Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. It can be used with beef steak, venison steak, seafood steak, pork steak, buffalo steak, or even poultry. For beef or venison, marinate for eight hours, pork marinade for four hours, seafood marinate for an hour, and poultry marinate for two hours.

I can't ever get tired of mushrooms. :yum:

Stevie sure eats well!