CaliGirl's Match.com Escapades

This Cali's operation definition of "simple" discussion might need its own thread boys.....

I don't like to see this thread get off topic

Oksy youll know when its time to move on. Its not something you can time (and dont do so), it just happens. U never forget, just be true to yourself as self diagnosis can be a dangerous tool when used incorrectly.
The adversity of life. Nobody said it was gonna be easy pal...Btw what u think about that touchscreen idea inbuilt into the converted cot?? Thought it rocked arse personally :)

yes they did. Maybe not in so many words. But when we're kids we are taught certain things. Like to be nice, share, care for other peoples feelings, be fair, don't lie etc... It creates a certain image of the world. Then when we grow up we find that adults don't act in this same way they taught us. It's a big fucking racket Xpansive, I'm tellin ya.

yes they did. Maybe not in so many words. But when we're kids we are thought certain things. Like to be nice, share, care for other peoples feelings, be fair, don't lie etc... It creates a certain image of the world. Then when we grow up we find that adults don't act in this same way they taught us. It's a big fucking racket Xpansive, I'm tellin ya.
Dont think the hypocritical double standard aint lost in this mans eyes...

Dont know about u Reno but find myself looking into my 5yo nieces eyes and saying similar things pertaining to life lessons etc from what i was taught as a kid. Meanwhile in the epicentre of my mind im thinking 'u know this is bs and not really the way of the real world'....Innocence is so fleeting, let em enjoy it whilst they have it i say...

yes they did. Maybe not in so many words. But when we're kids we are taught certain things. Like to be nice, share, care for other peoples feelings, be fair, don't lie etc... It creates a certain image of the world. Then when we grow up we find that adults don't act in this same way they taught us. It's a big fucking racket Xpansive, I'm tellin ya.

Good say Reno. This is so true.

well I think whatever they taught the kids along those lines is right. People just need to live up to their potential :up:

Haha. Yup.

Living here doesn't help either. You really start to lose faith in humanity.

Living here, has made me lose faith in humanity, myself, all drivers, the weather, the economy, the president, politics in general, the pirates....

fok it

i'm building a man made island and moving to it and starting all over

xpy, I'm thankfully not going through this nor have I for many years. As we get older most of us start to become aware of patterns that have popped up - or see things our friends experience - so if we're smart enough we adjust how we react accordingly.

so at what point does this thing end?

Really I don't know. Thinking back, a friend of mine bluntly told me that I was treating guys like trash, whether intentionally or not, and I didn't have any right to mess with their feelings. So of course I went through the whole process again the next time a relationship ended and I was left feeling so humiliated by my behaviour that it finally woke me up. The very thing I was pissed off at my ex for - not showing any regard for my feelings - I was doing to others and had even been warned about it beforehand. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I had met someone I was interested in and while they were hanging out with me, they'd much rather be with someone else.

And I'm not in any way judging Cali or implying that what she's doing is wrong. It just blows my mind that regardless of how/where/when we grew up, it's like most of us are clones of each other when it comes to this stuff.

too late to read all that

catch ya in the morning

Let's hope then Oskana she totally gets rid of Chris before she says "I do" to some unlucky bastard! CGNJ probably won't being getting married for quite some time anyway!

I wonder if there was some little truth serum you had to take 5 minutes before walking down the aisle, how many people would say that they'd rather be marrying someone than the person they are. I have a feeling many people would fall into that category.

Really I don't know. Thinking back, a friend of mine bluntly told me that I was treating guys like trash, whether intentionally or not, and I didn't have any right to mess with their feelings. So of course I went through the whole process again the next time a relationship ended and I was left feeling so humiliated by my behaviour that it finally woke me up. The very thing I was pissed off at my ex for - not showing any regard for my feelings - I was doing to others and had even been warned about it beforehand. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I had met someone I was interested in and while they were hanging out with me, they'd much rather be with someone else.
Ever wondered if karma is the be all and end all of what we need to know (in the simplest manner of course)...Such a wise master who escape from is impossible...U still didnt answer my q regarding the touchscreen :) Tell me that wouldnt keep the little one mentally stimulated for hours on end...

I wonder if there was some little truth serum you had to take 5 minutes before walking down the aisle, how many people would say that they'd rather be marrying someone than the person they are. I have a feeling many people would fall into that category.

Haha. I wouldn't doubt it and that's sad. There's another huge fairy tale. The happily ever after story.

Ever wondered if karma is the be all and end all of what we need to know (in the simplest manner of course)...Such a wise master who escape from is impossible...U still didnt answer my q regarding the touchscreen :) Tell me that wouldnt keep the little one mentally stimulated for hours on end...

I wish karma existed but I really don't believe it does.

And yes the touchscreen is a great idea. A friend rained on my parade though today by reminding me that I'm preparing to move from here so why would I want to spend time on that project. I'm still going to attempt it though but he was actually right. Quite silly of me to do.

Haha. I wouldn't doubt it and that's sad. There's another huge fairy tale. The happily ever after story.
For sure. Just a shame that the majority dont come to this realisation until there in their late 20's/early 30's...

If it's karma in our lifetime, I'd definitely say no. There are tons of people who get ahead by shitting all over other people.

If it's some sort of afterlife ascension, it's hard to say. I don't get the point if that's the case though. Put us here for some sort of test? Why? Seems pretty pointless.

I wish karma existed but I really don't believe it does.

And yes the touchscreen is a great idea. A friend rained on my parade though today by reminding me that I'm preparing to move from here so why would I want to spend time on that project. I'm still going to attempt it though but he was actually right. Quite silly of me to do.
Tell ur friend he's a buzzkill :) If u dont believe in karma then how would you define as explanation to the scenario of your personal story in previous thread?