• Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,136 Views

mcbaseball10

Outnumbered
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I've been taking bets for a bit now and for the first time I've got a situation. Guy is down about 9k to me and my buddies after a hugh losing week. Dude was betting 250 per bet and betting sides and totals like a maniac (277 bets last week).. Had some good weeks where we had to pay him 3.5 k range, but now he is buried and squirming. Tried begging for "hospitality", asked for forgiveness of juice, and now said he will pay 5k "take it or leave it". I know I would have paid him regardless but have never had to deal with this situation. I refuse to settle because I know he has the cash but not sure how to proceed with the collection process. Any past experience or advice will be appreciated.

I know nothing, but this is interesting. What is "hospitality"?

Guess it would depend on extenuating circumstances. Is the guy just screwing with you? How important is your image to you? Is he really gonna pay 5k?
Usually you'd just have to take the $ and blacklist him. Maybe promise him you let him play if he gives you the 5k. :dunno: Have you made considerable $ from him before? How do you know him?

call him and be cool about it... unless you are super serious about the business and have some muscle , you wont get the 9k from a guy who is making excuses and basically telling you he is going to stiff.. tell him things got crazy, but the 5k will do...tell him you understand things happen and all is good if he pays that... hopefully, you collect... then you burn him to every single person that knows him...especially his friends...let hem know what a piece of shit he is... also, any other locals you might know, put the word out and for them to do the same.. do your best to make sure the guy cant bet a fucking penny anywhere...

fwiw, you gave him too much rope.... there needs to be a definite payout mark... say 2500 ... and give maybe 500 leeway to get them through a monday maybe.... hopefully you get the 5k and learn a valuable lesson

What is your net with him? I know you have paid him out a few times, but overall, how much is he into you or vice versa since he startedplaying? This would influence my decision. If you are far in the plus, I would take the 5k and run with it. How do you do your settle...weekly? dollar amount? Is he wanting to continue playing?

This is tough. I honestly don't understand how people can lie, steal and cheat people like this. TBH, I'm an honest person. If I owe, I pay. If I say I am going to do something I do it.

I agree with Ray, If you don't have any muscle then don't expect your $9K. In fact, don't expect anything because I bet this douchebag will continue to come up with excuses not to pay.

Take the 5K, and let him continue to play if he pays up front. If he loses, you keep keeping his money obviously. If/when he wins, don't pay. Say adios at that point.

That's all I got.

I think RayRay calls them out with a thread at GL (the ones who don't pay) but since your customer is not a GL member yet the best solution is to negotiate with him. Take the $5,000 and then don't let him bet again until he pays off his debt.

rayray is right

however - take $500 of what is collected and get someone to break his face

Thanks for the advice. I had a hard stance on negotiations, but think I might have to soften my stance to receive more. I have employed the guilt by friends angle and the "guys from Miami" putting on the heat tactic. Gave him this weekend to give me $5k then the remaining balance through December. Talked to a local that has muscle that he uses to collect at a 10% clip. Hope to avoid but will keep in back pocket.
On a side note, it is Crazy to see the patterns of gamblers from the opposite side. You can almost predict the increases in bet sizes and chasing of losses.

Thanks for the advice. I had a hard stance on negotiations, but think I might have to soften my stance to receive more. I have employed the guilt by friends angle and the "guys from Miami" putting on the heat tactic. Gave him this weekend to give me $5k then the remaining balance through December. Talked to a local that has muscle that he uses to collect at a 10% clip. Hope to avoid but will keep in back pocket.
On a side note, it is Crazy to see the patterns of gamblers from the opposite side. You can almost predict the increases in bet sizes and chasing of losses.

When you see someone chasing do you bet the opposite at your book? This can be insurance money for you in the event he refuses to pay.

When you see someone chasing do you bet the opposite at your book? This can be insurance money for you in the event he refuses to pay.
I layoff some at times when I have lopsided action.

unless you have at least 25-50 guys, who dont all bet the same shit, its hard to keep all the square action... sooo many guys go busto by holding it all and the clients stringing a few good weeks together... you might be letting them bet a bit too much too ... i suggest making a big deposit into bm and, if you keep letting guys bet so much, become accustomed to laying a big chunk off there... :cheers:

muscle? whtf? you gonna send some goons to intimidate/ beat up some gambler?
What are you a foking gangster now? :sparesomecutter:
don't give out loans for more than you can you afford to get stiffed on

...muscle :lol: Maybe thats what those cops were doing FW. :idea:

it never hurts to have a Large friend with you when you meet up with some questionable people... from my experience, they tend to respect the relationship more ...

Fly me to FLA and pay for my drinks and I will kick the shit out of him.

it never hurts to have a Large friend with you when you meet up with some questionable people... from my experience, they tend to respect the relationship more ...

Ray, have your been responsible for busted knee caps or cut off fingers before? :bee:

When somebody has a debt that needs to be paid sometimes it means adding a little outside pressure. You lose, you pay. You win, you get paid. You don't pay, you will be reminded that you need to pay until settled.

Lesson learned on allowing too much rope. He has agreed to pay balance by the end of the month.