Brazil faces Ireland in last International Friendly before World Cup

• Start date
  • Replies 2 Comments
  • Views 807 Views
e42a86992173.jpg

Three and a half years of work. After 52 games and two titles (Copa America 2007, Confederations Cup 2009) and 69 players tested, Tuesday friendly at the Emirates Stadium in London is just a mere formality. Coach Dunga already has the final World Cup squad picked in his head, and the main objective in this match is not to get any player injured.

Without striker Luis Fabiano, a last minute chest muscle injury, Brazil will line up Adriano along with Robinho in attack. This less than 48 hours after most players completed their club obligations on Sunday afternoon.

“What worries me the most is to return the players to their club without injuries. I will make the most substitutions available so everybody will have a chance to play. The big worry is that all the players come out good out of the match, without a problem.” said Dunga.

While safety is the main thought, a great performance is expected, as a negative result will give the the world press and specially the Brazilian press lots to talk about from here on to the start of the World Cup. “In the Brazilian national team you have to think of the result, you have to win. I don't want to spend three months listening to you (the press). If normally winning I hear it a lot, now imagine with a negative result before the World Cup. So we must play to win.” Dunga was quoted.

Its fitting that the last game happens at the Emirate Stadium because it could be considered Brazil's home away from home, having played four matches in the Dunga era there, winning three and losing only against the irmos Portugal.

For Ireland it is the first game since their controversial match playoff with France, where Thierry Henry used his hand in the pass to the goal that eliminated them from a spot in the World Cup.

Having all this substitution elements and the primary focus of the match being an international work out, this is a perfect no bet situation. Where some might consider Brazil to be an easy pick at 1/2 odds, we can expect less concentration on the result on their part and its a good idea to pass on this situation.

Ireland has a great coach in Trapper! England has one in Fabio! Unreal! These guys need an Italian to get their shitt together? That's like Canada having an American coach for hockey. the whole world is wannabees! RJ, where the fuk is the Italia flag smiley. Baggio!!! :madd: