Brady Quinn Relegated To 3rd Place

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
After a pretty respectable college football career, it seems like the Brady Quinn Professional Experience just keeps going downhill after NFL buzz predicts him to be nothing better than a third string quarterback in the Cleveland Browns organization in 2010. From the moment he stepped in the door at the NFL Draft, his stock has diminished; he was expected to be a top three pick, although definitely top ten, and he had one of the more uncomfortable waits that year as the Notre Dame alum ended up being drafted at #22.

kalogaacb.jpg

Although Quinn has only taken part in 12 professional games over the last two seasons he missed the end of both seasons with injuries and when he did get playing time his performance was lacklustre. Although he had a career best year in 2009, a QB rating of 67.2 and a completion percentage of 53.1 indicates why the Browns started out as +10,000 long shots for the 2011 Super Bowl.

After trading for QB Seneca Wallace from the Seattle Seahawks yesterday, in exchange for a late round pick in the 2011 draft, the Browns terminated the contract of QB Derek Anderson. Wallace is expected to be the back up with the Browns hoping to land a starting QB through the draft or a trade. And the odds are that Brady Quinn will be after another job over 3rd place at the Browns.

I hate Notre Dame and thought he was way over hyped. I am always happy to see a Domer become a bust.

Derek Anderson isn't happy.

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

Lesser QB's were given more of an opportunity.

They should trade him because they are and have slowed his progress.

I still don't see h ow Brady Quinn isn't a decent pick up. Played in a pro style offense in college and never really had a chance in the pros. When he was inserted into the starting lineup he was the starter of a team that was GOD awful...then they trade away his only weapon...I would take a flyer on this guy any day.

He hasn't proven that he can't win yet....give him a shot. Definitely worth a 3rd or 4th round pick which is likely the Brown's asking price.

Was Derek Anderson picked up by anyone? He could be decent with some receivers.

Hey..I hope they enjoy their time with Seneca Wallace. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! There's the answer to your problems!! :lmao:

Contraction is the only answer to get rid of average players entering the draft. Eliminate the Brows, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs and Rams from the league and the talent pool will improve in the upcoming years because not as many bad players can be drafted.

Derek Anderson isn't happy.

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

I love the Brown's fans! Didn't deserve to lose team, always sold out stadium. TG they got LeBron. What else can you do in the "Mistake by the Lake?" :dunno:

Was Derek Anderson picked up by anyone? He could be decent with some receivers.

Hey..I hope they enjoy their time with Seneca Wallace. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! There's the answer to your problems!! :lmao:

Couldn't agree with you more, Bread. Everytime I saw Derek Anderson he was completing all the throws they needed him to make, but he never had time to make his reads and often had pathetic receivers to work with. He's actually a perfect fit for the Raiders at this point (built for the vertical passing game and play-action short attack), and if the Raiders were a winning franchise, I think he'd contribute to it. He deserves plenty more chances in this league after the way people never gave up on Joey Harrington.

I used to smoke tar with some of his old friends from high school, where he's affectionately known as the Moose From Scappoose High. I never got to meet him at Oregon State, but I have met his father, and a more stand-up guy would be hard to find.

Muddy: No legs. I watched this boy for his entire career at my alma mater, and he's a pure, PURE, pocket passer. He'd actually make a great backup QB for the Colts considering their offensive line. Maybe the Browns can start Sorgi and give his seat on the bench to Derek.

So they are actually going to start Seneca Wallace over Brady?

Why is Mangini a head coach in the NFL?

No, fiveteamer - Wallace will be the backup to whichever QB they get via the draft or a trade. It would be funny if they took a shot on Tebow.

I feel like I'm missing a piece here. I'm not quite in tune with the conclusions being drawn.

Everything I am reading here leads me to believe Quinn would be the starter for Cleveland. It is an extreme longshot that a draft pick would bypass him next year. Seneca Wallace? Not feeling that either. I guess it would depend on performance but I think Quinn would be given a shot before Wallace would be installed.

Getting someone better via the trade route is very theoretical but it could happen of course.

Mudcat, you're forgetting that popular concensus in the league is that Quinn doesn't have the leadership skills necessary to keep a professional team in the game after they fall behind. Many times this season we would see him make a mistake at the QB position and then trudge off the field to sulk and sit by himself. That sort of behavior simply won't be tolerated under center by any professional team, the guy calling the plays has to do so in a way that inspires confidence in the players around him. I could totally see Seneca Wallace getting a start in favor of Quinn, especially in a run-oriented Mangini offense. This guy is Joey Harrington Lite, and the NFL learned through him that all the talent in the world won't cover for a lack of leadership. Quinn came along just a few years too late to get the benefit of the doubt.

I just checked and Derek Anderson has not signed with anyone. That's madness!

I feel like I'm missing a piece here. I'm not quite in tune with the conclusions being drawn.

Everything I am reading here leads me to believe Quinn would be the starter for Cleveland. It is an extreme longshot that a draft pick would bypass him next year. Seneca Wallace? Not feeling that either. I guess it would depend on performance but I think Quinn would be given a shot before Wallace would be installed.

Getting someone better via the trade route is very theoretical but it could happen of course.

Browns are shopping him around Muddy. They have no intentions of keeping Quinn. Browns also brought in Delhomme today for an interview....read between the lines.

Mudcat, you're forgetting that popular concensus in the league is that Quinn doesn't have the leadership skills necessary to keep a professional team in the game after they fall behind. Many times this season we would see him make a mistake at the QB position and then trudge off the field to sulk and sit by himself. That sort of behavior simply won't be tolerated under center by any professional team, the guy calling the plays has to do so in a way that inspires confidence in the players around him. I could totally see Seneca Wallace getting a start in favor of Quinn, especially in a run-oriented Mangini offense. This guy is Joey Harrington Lite, and the NFL learned through him that all the talent in the world won't cover for a lack of leadership. Quinn came along just a few years too late to get the benefit of the doubt.

That makes sense to a point although it seems interpretive and speculative. Like are we positive everyone has reached that conclusion to that absolute degree?

I guess the piece I am looking for is someone from the Browns actually saying something about this.

Browns are shopping him around Muddy. They have no intentions of keeping Quinn. Browns also brought in Delhomme today for an interview....read between the lines.

Oh okay. Delhomme's name did cross my mind but that sure doesn't seem like an answer to me. Might as well have just kept Anderson if you want someone who was good a few years ago.