bodog leaving US at year's end

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 4,944 Views
they are changing the name like cris changed to bookmaker so they can continue to advertise as bodog in europe.

I get the sense that some posters are going to leave them once the name changes if not sooner. Even though MMGG ran the book for 5 years anyway, it doesn't seem like the average poster was aware of that. And unless someone comes out and explains that MMGG's licenced by the Indian gaming commission or whatever it's called so it's not like it's a startup book that could possibly pull a dodgy in the middle of the night, not everyone is going to understand that. I'm not going to be the one to explain it though - that's Mohawk's job. Or even Bodog's.

they aren't leaving the US wtf is this about

thank god i don't live in a-mer-ica

And unless someone comes out and explains that MMGG's licenced by the Indian gaming commission or whatever it's called so it's not like it's a startup book that could possibly pull a dodgy in the middle of the night, not everyone is going to understand that.

Sounds to me like you're calling the Kahnawake tribe not dodgy. :biglaugh:

Sounds to me like you're calling the Kahnawake tribe not dodgy. :biglaugh:

:lol:

They're as dodgy as any other tribe I'm sure but the Gaming Commission would have to be legit. There's no way they could've handed out 50+ gaming licences or survived the UltimateBet drama unscathed if there was anything stinky about them. So if they handed out the licence then I'd assume MMGG has its shit together, even if the licensing system is actually a buddy/buddy kind of deal.

oxy have you read justin7's book yet?

The "gaming commission" is just Alwyn Morris giving an aura of professionalism to his criminal organization.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on that one. After I read the Superior Court of Quebec's court docs about that case in '07 where the Commission denied someone's gaming app and the guy (a Mohawk) took the commission to court, I think they're pretty legit. I can't see a company like Paddy Power going to them for a licence if there was a lot of dodgy shit going on. But maybe they're all slimy foks, even those in countries with strict gambling regulations like Ireland. Could be.

oxy have you read justin7's book yet?

no. I'm still trying to find a good strategy I feel comfortable with to know when to increase my bet size. Need to figure that out first before I bother reading other stuff.

you?

T'was picked up from a newswire.

Any idea what part(s) of SIA is/are in Ireland?

T'was picked up from a newswire.

Any idea what part(s) of SIA is/are in Ireland?

Matty, I barely know these days where Ireland is on a map.

if only they could give me some cool bonuses. I still haven't abused this outfit.

poogs you dont need a bonus to beat blowdog

For some reason we were allergic at winning there until we discovered soccer.

poogs you dont need a bonus to beat blowdog

FF doesn't really think it's worth the hassle b/c he has heard that most people get booted after 10 bets.

Is there any offshore book that actually caters to US players living in the US anymore?