• Views 503 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Help Blitty and wanna be nerds find their next book

I started On Great Fields last night a biography on Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain by Ronald White. Chamberlain was a General for the north during the US civil war. I read 22 pages before I fell asleep. Slept great not sure if that was because of reading before bed or the edible.

unfortunately kato can not find time for books

chuck palahniuk has a new book out

IMG_0340.jpeg

@Blitty

Check Out ;

"Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before"

It's By Dr. Julie Smith

Simply Awesome..

You can't read it all at once. I'm all over the place with it..

Fukkin nerds. Takes me about 2 years to read a book, maybe 18mo. If I live to 80 that means I have 20-27 books left. Better choose wisely.

Anything by Artie Lange and Anthony Bozza is fantastic !!

I seldom laugh when reading, but their books had me almost tearing up .. 😂

Anything by Artie Lange and Anthony Bozza is fantastic !!

I seldom laugh when reading, but their books had me almost tearing up .. 😂
You ever read bourdains kitchen confidential.

No, however I watched his shows as often as possible. Great stuff !! Didn’t know he was battling depression so badly. Was shocked when I heard of his suicide. He hid it very well and had such a great life. What’s the book called ??

No, however I watched his shows as often as possible. Great stuff !! Didn’t know he was battling depression so badly. Was shocked when I heard of his suicide. He hid it very well and had such a great life. What’s the book called ??
That’s the restaurant scene. All kinds of fuck ups. Including myself. Booze drugs and sex to hide short comings/demons. Unfortunately I have worked with 4 individuals who have committed suicide over the years. Real sad. Never mind the over doses which I have stopped counting.

I’m going to check it out either this weekend or early next week ..

His shows were so good ..

Hard to believe it’s been over 5 years ..

Thanks for the reference ..

I’m going to check it out either this weekend or early next week ..

His shows were so good ..

Hard to believe it’s been over 5 years ..

Thanks for the reference ..
I’m sure some people will think bourdain exaggerated. In my experience he didn’t. The restaurant scene is something else nothing shocks me. And I’ve cooked at fucking shitholes and stage at Michelin star restaurants in the states and Europe.

I’m sure some people will think bourdain exaggerated. In my experience he didn’t. The restaurant scene is something else nothing shocks me. And I’ve cooked at fucking shitholes and stage at Michelin star restaurants in the states and Europe.
I concur.

None of his story seems exaggerated. The restaurant business is truly a different breed

That’s the restaurant scene. All kinds of fuck ups. Including myself. Booze drugs and sex to hide short comings/demons. Unfortunately I have worked with 4 individuals who have committed suicide over the years. Real sad. Never mind the over doses which I have stopped counting.

I have also lost several friends in the last few years to either suicide or OD. Would never have thought of it .. Great jobs, beautiful wives, children, nice homes. By the way, it’s not always the men .. Life sucks !!

My apologies for wrecking this thread ..

Stay strong everyone ..

Maybe tully should write a book