• Start date
  • Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 1,081 Views

rito

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Chasing some steam this morning, got Dal/Mem Under 205.5 -105 closes 203.5 Quite proud of myself.

Putting my bets into my database at the moment and notice my bet is pending for $105 not $1,050.

Far from the worst mistake ever, but pissing me off at the moment. 100% chance it wins now.

Yep, just like on Matchbook when you hang $300 at a very competitive price in the NBA and only $38.12 gets matched. Of course those bets cover in the 3rd quarter.

The worst mistake I ever made like this was when attempting to hedge on a snooker play.

I had bet player A for a total of GBP 1000 (to win about 1200).
After 4 frames it was tied 2-2 and I decided trade out for a small profit.

I went to bet player B at Betfair just as the line moved, so I paused for a couple of minutes (the match had a 15 minute interval), I somehow ended up laying Player B meaning I had more or less doubled my bet size. Didn't realise until the match had finished.

Ended up a loser, of course.

LOL. Lovely.

I thought I had done something somewhat similar last week. I had a side (forgot who) for $2200 and after it won, I went to go cash my ticket but noticed it was only an $1100 ticket. I knew that I laid out $2200 for it earlier in the day. I thought I seriously fucked myself and I was about to go see if the book could run back the tape to show that the writer made an error before I realized that I had grabbed the wrong ticket. It was a loser from a couple days prior.

I don't make many errors but I made one just a few days back. Total rookie movie. Went to place a bet at Phoenix and didn't confirm.

The way their software is set up, it looks like a confirmed bet the step before you actually confirm - but I should know better and always check that my balance has changed. Maybe I was tired or rushed or something.

The desired bet won but of course I didn't get those winnings.

On the whole though, I have been lucky on mistakes. Of the ~5 I can remember over the years, most have fortuitously ended up in my favor.

Gee, I make like 5 a week.

Not quite the same but the most expensive mistake I ever made was in the early stages of development of my current trading 'bot'.

I had tested it on three soccer matches with no problems at all. On the first match that it went 'live' I had set it up with no lean to read lines from three books on an under/over 2.5 goals market. At some point one of those books stopped offering odds on the match which my bot took to mean that there was a zero percent chance of the over and started offering crazy odds which were promptly snapped up.

I managed to mitigate some of the damage but it cost me well well over 5k.

It's ashame it was just a bot that fucked you, because if it had been a robot, you could've made a sweet GL video smashing it to pieces for our amusement. Either way, that's one hell of a rape job over a small programming error.

You mentioned that story before dunder, ouch.

This game is easy going under.

Good thing the other total i beat close by 2.5pts on, (wash/no over 196 -105) has no chance of winning.

Not quite the same but the most expensive mistake I ever made was in the early stages of development of my current trading 'bot'.

I had tested it on three soccer matches with no problems at all. On the first match that it went 'live' I had set it up with no lean to read lines from three books on an under/over 2.5 goals market. At some point one of those books stopped offering odds on the match which my bot took to mean that there was a zero percent chance of the over and started offering crazy odds which were promptly snapped up.

I've heard of a lot of people who've done something similar. When I write my bots, I always outline possible disaster scenarios and then trade with them for pennies for a while before making them live.

Would OT be too much to ask?

Awesome. Saved myself from a 2.5pt loss on an under after a 28pt OT.

damn

Thanks for the lesson. I'll make sure to place in a damage check on my bot for matchbook too. To make sure no extremes come out.

I don't make many errors but I made one just a few days back. Total rookie movie. Went to place a bet at Phoenix and didn't confirm.

The way their software is set up, it looks like a confirmed bet the step before you actually confirm - but I should know better and always check that my balance has changed. Maybe I was tired or rushed or something.

The desired bet won but of course I didn't get those winnings.

On the whole though, I have been lucky on mistakes. Of the ~5 I can remember over the years, most have fortuitously ended up in my favor.
I've had this happen a couple times at Legendz.
but I could have sworn my balanced changed before I logged out.
and of course the bets won