• Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 849 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
Months ago when I was feeling more flush, splurged on tickets to Carrie Underwood thinking I would use them or could resell them.

Originally bought a pair of " Platinum" tickets which I now understand were based on market value at the time purchased. I paid 250 each for these seats thru ticketmaster.

Then I saw other seats three rows back... but were part of a VIP package that included backstage tour, party, and a host of memorabilia which I don't care about necessarily. These were only a bit more than the others, but did not realize they were non-transferable.

This seem like a good value compared to the other pair...but wasn't that they were great price I don't think, the others were just not a good value due to the market factor I guess. Apparently that is an issue with Ticketmaster and their "platinum tickets "

Now it is two days before the concert, and due to procrastination and other factors, I still have both pairs, and have not made plans to go to show with anyone. I really screwed the proverbial pooch on this one.

What is best way to get rid if these with minimal financial damage?

I listed the non-VIP tickets on craigslist and stub hub at face value. I had one guy respond and wanted them, but then he backed out an hour later. I would be ecstatic to get face value for both or either pair. I guess, with the VIP packageI have to go down to venue early, and pick up myself and make the handoff at that venue.

I don't know if I can even advertise the VIP ones as technically they are nontransferable. Someone said something about calling a ticket broker, but I'm guessing I will get next to nothing there. Are there any tricks for listing these? Places to list other than CL or stubhub?

I am ambivalent about going to the concert. If I have to keep a set, would keep VIP, as they were only an extra 25 each and would avoid having to make two trips to venue. (To handoff tix and for the concert 3 hours later)

Never found myself in this position before. Any tips would be appreciated. If these were $50 tix I wouldn't sweat it as much, but I have over $1050 tied up in these stupid things.

Stubhub will reach the widest audience with the least amount of hassle. It depends on when the concert is, but if you need to sell post them on Stubhub and be the lowest priced in your price zone (that includes all sections of that zone) for the number of tickets you have. If they are selling for below face on ANY market it's highly unlikely you'll get face or above, these markets are relatively efficient.

Cut bait. Check frequently to remain the lowest priced unless you find yourself dropping 10% lower than the next lowest. So, if someone else is racing to the lowest price drive them down past 10% (20% if you can stomach the risk of getting picked off) then raise to $1 less than the third lowest.

If the concert is tonight then you need to go to the venue to sell (assuming it's legal or not so illegal the cops do anything about it). Find a nice family and then rip them off, you don't look or act like a scammer so they'll pay a premium to deal with you.

Stubhub will reach the widest audience with the least amount of hassle. It depends on when the concert is, but if you need to sell post them on Stubhub and be the lowest priced in your price zone (that includes all sections of that zone) for the number of tickets you have. If they are selling for below face on ANY market it's highly unlikely you'll get face or above, these markets are relatively efficient.

Cut bait. Check frequently to remain the lowest priced unless you find yourself dropping 10% lower than the next lowest. So, if someone else is racing to the lowest price drive them down past 10% (20% if you can stomach the risk of getting picked off) then raise to $1 less than the third lowest.

If the concert is tonight then you need to go to the venue to sell (assuming it's legal or not so illegal the cops do anything about it). Find a nice family and then rip them off, you don't look or act like a scammer so they'll pay a premium to deal with you.

Thanks Boner.

The show is Saturday night. With the VIP backstage deal( it's not a meet and greet per se, but backstage tour, party, memorabilia) I have to show ID and pick up tickets on Saturday at 4 PM to 4:45 PM. I see these some of these on local broker site with $1200+ each asking price. I would be happy to get $500 each which would cover both sets and then I could still go to show if I chose. The problem is, I can't get the tickets early. I would have to ask people to trust me that I would show Saturday to hand off the tickets, and pay me in advance, or trust that they will show up. I am not too keen on the latter. Thoughts on how to do that?

nm...I'm going to sell all 4 together...that way I can justify getting payment up front, as they will have at least two tickets in hand.

Damn.

You slick and stuff.

Casp, Plom - that's how to make money without being an asshole - make a note; people do it.

Just not you.

Lol...I'm not making making money..likely losing it. I have had listed on CL for less than face value for a hour or two. ..all four for $1050 and no response yet. I don't know how to list on StubHub since it's a pain in the ass that I have to pick up the VIP tickets three hours before showtime. I don't know if they have a provision for transferring tickets that way.

Next time I think I want to see a show, I will wait till the last minute and buy tickets from someone in a desperate situation like I am now. Better than trying to beat the masses and end up not being able to go.

Yeah when I went to that Budweiser Musicfest some dudes came up to me looking for a ticket. I didn't even think of that. Will have to in the future for hot gigs like that.

Yeah when I went to that Budweiser Musicfest some dudes came up to me looking for a ticket. I didn't even think of that. Will have to in the future for hot gigs like that.

Was that music fest in Lehigh Valley?

I went to that a few years ago.

Oh Made in America. That's a big one. Noice!

Yeah man we had so much fun jumped around everywhere dropped a little rap at the improv not on stage but in the back of the crowd - no one laughed they looked in awe and they were cool as fok

Toadallllly got picked up at the end of the last song

She decided I'm a player, whatevez I'm just looking around but isn't everyone not taken

See Blittster what I will always remember is no matter what happens in my life I faded at the end of that thing - I tried to cover how many of those songs for how many ex's and it hit me like a ton of bricks that duder saw it happening and he GAVE me that Gatorade so I could last for her (I think?). Beck has been known to open up random gambling booths wherever. Caleb died on stage from alcohol dehydration cancelled a tour then got better. It's what they do.
Maybe I can get - there?

The point of that whole thing is to get on a higher plane and I almost faded but it got there I'll always remember Melissa what a beauty, honestly

Cannot wait until the Kings do Firefly. I'll fucking live there and I'll go VIP I won't care. My geetars need their autographs.

Because of the Times obv (top 5 best album evarrrrr)

Melissa says Firefly is germy

You know who wins that?

Not sure who, heard they have struck gold almost killing each other and making classic and pro music. I do like Melissa and think she's dope.

But dude - that's the Kings.

Last edited:
It's FREE?!

That's on my list, thank you.