Banned at RBS by our friend Oksana...

• Start date
  • Replies 210 Comments
  • Views 19,065 Views
$110 a day? That's a bit steep. It doesn't costs that for a week here. Of course mrs durito won't get a nanny unless it's her mother who in 2.5 years has never once played with Emily and I would rather not work than let her do it. Mrs. D is now gone at school from 6am to 7pm, so i take care of Emily the whole time and on saturdays too. And I work and study at night. Will sleep when I die.

Glad to hear you're being a good father. I hope to spend that much time with my spawns aswell. :grabsome:

In medellin everyone gets 2 days a week where you can't drive from 6:30am to 8:30 am and 5:30-7:30 pm. Days change every 6 months. Kind of sucks. In Bogota you get 2 full days where you can't drive between 6am and 8pm.

You've got me intrigued. How can they possibly monitor and enforce this? It sounds like a lot of overhead? All Licensed drivers ( Is that how it works in Medellin? ) are kept in a DB? We then rotate their times to drive randomly? Inform them by mail?( no that's too slow ) Email?

How does that pan out for people that work or have consistant jobs? :thinking:

$110 a day? That's a bit steep. It doesn't costs that for a week here. Of course mrs durito won't get a nanny unless it's her mother who in 2.5 years has never once played with Emily and I would rather not work than let her do it. Mrs. D is now gone at school from 6am to 7pm, so i take care of Emily the whole time and on saturdays too. And I work and study at night. Will sleep when I die.

Yeah it's a shocker. They have a system where the government reimburses you a bit of your fees based on your income but I don't qualify for any of that. I understand why the fees are so high to a certain extent... minimum wage is something like $17/hr here and the workers have to have at least a diploma in Early Childhood Education. Plus overhead, food, diapers, etc. But still it seems like a scam. You're charged $1 to $3 a minute for every minute you're late picking your child up - minimum charge of $20, pay for public holidays like I said and who knows what else so it seems cheaper for me to have someone just come to our house.

It's too bad mrs durito won't get a nanny. It's really helped me at times feel like I'm getting a mini break even though I'm working. At least I'm here if he needs me but he has such a blast with her that I can relax and just focus on whatever I need to do knowing that he's enjoying himself.

Take public transport or have a friend who can drive do it.

They had the same in central London too. Congestion zones where they split people based on car registration numbers. It was just a sweeping rule with even/odd numbers and grouping.

Glad to hear you're being a good father. I hope to spend that much time with my spawns aswell. :grabsome:

You've got me intrigued. How can they possibly monitor and enforce this? It sounds like a lot of overhead? All Licensed drivers ( Is that how it works in Medellin? ) are kept in a DB? We then rotate their times to drive randomly? Inform them by mail?( no that's too slow ) Email?

It's done via the last digit on your license plate.

img_pico_placa2.jpg

They have transit police out at most major intersections at those hours. It's a $300 fine. It works. They change the #'s every 6 months so you get new days, but you don't know too far in advance when they will be. When you buy a car, you can pick the number of the license so you can know what days it will be at first.

They just changed it up and eliminated what is allegedly 64% of the city from the restriction starting July 1st. However, I've never even been in the places they are getting rid of it from, every main road and all the nice parts of the city is still included.

You just have to work around it. The city has excellent public transportation, taxis are cheap, or you leave early/stay late.

It ends up that the worst traffic is now between 3:30-5:30. It's a disaster at those hours.

Does it ever get cold there? After we leave here I refuse to live in another place that dips below 20 degrees Celsius for more than a day or two ever again. So over it. I need to get a target list of places to consider just in case CR gives us the boot.

Lol what since when does below 20 C = cold? Sounds like my wife, except you know she isn't from Canada.

It drops to 18 here every night. It never gets colder than that ever. I don't think it's possible.

San Jose is colder at night than that.

Lol what since when does below 20 C = cold? Sounds like my wife, except you know she isn't from Canada.

It drops to 18 here every night. It never gets colder than that ever. I don't think it's possible.

Yeah I know, I'm ridiculous but it's 4 degrees right now and it's just the start of winter. Born in one of the coldest parts of Canada and I was living in freakin Norway before I got here and I'm crying about the cold. But as soon as I moved from Canada to Florida that was it. I've got the heat cranking and I'm still wearing long johns under my pjs. Hate this shit. I figure 20 is the lower end of my comfort zone.

Fuk not good to know about San Jose. I need heat.

Yea i dont want to back anywhere c.old. but, the temp here at night is perfect for me. a little hot reccently since it stopped raining.

You can go to the coast in cr. or panama city. nice and hot there.

I went to Curacao for a week in January a few years back. It's hotter than Atlanta in July. We also went to Punta Cana (DR) once and it was also hot. This is perfect bikini weather.

wow rito that is a cool idea.

I like it hot because women have to wear less clothes

Does it ever get cold there? After we leave here I refuse to live in another place that dips below 20 degrees Celsius for more than a day or two ever again. So over it. I need to get a target list of places to consider just in case CR gives us the boot.

Some fuckin Canuck!

pussy.

I'm 100% certain that Sask gets much colder weather in the winter than TBay.
(But its a "dry" cold, yeah right, it's fukkin COLD!)

Having said that when you are prepared for winter the temperature is of no concern.

Winter in Sask is cold and sunny, always sunny.

I went to Curacao for a week in January a few years back. It's hotter than Atlanta in July. We also went to Punta Cana (DR) once and it was also hot. This is perfect bikini weather.

I've been to Punta Cana twice for weddings and I said both times that is the ideal weather that I'd like to live in. That's a part of the reason why I love Vietnam and Thailand so much. Not only do I get to have fun adventures but the weather is perfect for me.

Some fuckin Canuck!

pussy.

I'm 100% certain that Sask gets much colder weather in the winter than TBay.
(But its a "dry" cold, yeah right, it's fukkin COLD!)

Having said that when you are prepared for winter the temperature is of no concern.

Winter in Sask is cold and sunny, always sunny.

Yeah I know... I'm waiting for someone to revoke my Canuck card totally. I think back to TBay and having to plug in our cars, using car starters an hour before you're going to leave your house, bringing shoes to bars so we could leave our boots in coat check, snot and eye lashes freezing, heated floors, wearing Hot Shots to bed with mittens... and I'm just horrified. I don't think I could willingly go back to that again.

Sask is very different cold but it's still cold. Doesn't matter if it's wet or dry. Only difference is where you feel it in your bones. Once it's below -30 you're still f'n freezing.

One of my friends told me that the gas and your car battery freeze in the winter in Canada. That's too cold for me.

Glad to see you guys have turned my traumatic banning into a fricken circle jerk... :nunchuk: