Back to school, will prab be terminated from my job in 3-6 weeks.

• Start date
  • Replies 76 Comments
  • Views 5,163 Views

UntilTheNDofTimE

At the tables
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been working for Pepsi for about a year and a half. It wasnt the worst job but it was fun and making 60,000 a year being uneducated( i dont posses a BA but im about 5 semesters away) it was good enough for me. The benefits and pay were great.

We would work a shitload of overtime. Anyways about 4 months ago we got a new Warehouse supervisor and all through the summer they make so much money that they will bitch about your performance but really they dont care as long as the work gets done before 14 hours( i average about 12 in the summer months).

We've always been Union( a weak one at that), and Theyve usually been good about protecting use from disciplinary action in regards to our performance since our warehouse has many obstacles and isnt up to standard with how it runs. We service the biggest area of any Warehouse in the country.

Anyways Our union was going through negotiations with Pepsi for 6 months passed the term of the contract arguing to try to get performance into our union contract. When our union didnt budge Pepsi basically resigned the same contract as before. But they decided to begin to a disciplinary process for our performance even though its not in our contract.

The level they want us to hit is unrealistic and they have given everyone in the warehouse multiple write ups and are planning to fire every single person in the next few weeks. Some of my coworkers have talked to other warehouses and the same thing is occurring.

Apparently Pepsi is wanting to break every union across all their warehouses( in California at least) and probably pay people $8 bucks a hour?

Pepsi = New wallmart

Our Warehouse Prab revenues 10 million a week at the least and they complaining that there 180k over budget for the year. Granted those budget are based are forecast and our sales are always like 200,000 cases of soda over forecast every week in the summer.

I worked for them years ago, its a young man's job. Can't imagine it is fun working for them with declining sales. New-age beverages have really cut into their margins.

I agree its a young mans job. Sales arnt down too much where im sitting. Sales are down more cause of the economy than new aged beverages. I dont think ive seen a drink that Pepsi or coke dont own. They buy everything.

Pepsi owns / bottles for

Pepsi and all there soda products
Aquafina
Starbucks
Gatorade
Tropicana
Oceanspray
Lipton
Sobe
Muscle milk
Amp
No fear
Rockstar
Coconut water

Many others, coke owns every competing brand of the above.

thanks for checkin in

good luck on your future endeavors

Also i never been fired from a job a day in my life. In a 10 hour work day ill build 160 pallets and load em on 8 bay trucks a night. And they basically telling me im stealing company time and money by working at a inadequete pace. The write ups basically says im being insuboardinate by not working. Hard to explain how you can do 160 pallets in a work day and not be working.

Two they don't own that have that have hurt them are Red Bull and 5 Hour Energy. Mountain Dew sales nationwide have to be down. Starbucks and other coffee shops are quite popular with the HS kids also.

that sucks dude good luck with the new job :*(

You can spend roughly $500 and get licensed to be a Loan Officer if you like and then pick a broker you want to work for.

Not the easiest work but if you can sell and you can tolerate it it's a good market right now brother.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Nah after this i really dont ever want to work for a big company again. Gonna just collect $1900 a month for unemployment and try to get my degree in the 2 year period. Sucks cause this way ill have to take out student loans. I didnt mind spending another 3 or 4 years at Pepsi so i could graduate debt free and also be vested there. Oh well.

But they decided to begin to a disciplinary process for our performance even though its not in our contract.

How can they get away with this?

I worked for them years ago, its a young man's job.

+1 Can't keep doing it forever! Your a hard working dude! Proud of you! Good luck and great idea getting the degree!

Just stayed tune at Gamelive! Simple forumla once your laided off to continue your lifestyle without breaking your back!

Unemployment + Tailing Pavy's Picks = Present Pepsi Pay!

No way you can get into sales for them? What about working for Frito? It's Pepsi-co owned.

Been working for Pepsi for about a year and a half. It wasnt the worst job but it was fun and making 60,000 a year being uneducated( i dont posses a BA but im about 5 semesters away) it was good enough for me. The benefits and pay were great.

We would work a shitload of overtime. Anyways about 4 months ago we got a new Warehouse supervisor and all through the summer they make so much money that they will bitch about your performance but really they dont care as long as the work gets done before 14 hours( i average about 12 in the summer months).

We've always been Union( a weak one at that), and Theyve usually been good about protecting use from disciplinary action in regards to our performance since our warehouse has many obstacles and isnt up to standard with how it runs. We service the biggest area of any Warehouse in the country.

Anyways Our union was going through negotiations with Pepsi for 6 months passed the term of the contract arguing to try to get performance into our union contract. When our union didnt budge Pepsi basically resigned the same contract as before. But they decided to begin to a disciplinary process for our performance even though its not in our contract.

The level they want us to hit is unrealistic and they have given everyone in the warehouse multiple write ups and are planning to fire every single person in the next few weeks. Some of my coworkers have talked to other warehouses and the same thing is occurring.

Apparently Pepsi is wanting to break every union across all their warehouses( in California at least) and probably pay people $8 bucks a hour?

Pepsi = New wallmart

Our Warehouse Prab revenues 10 million a week at the least and they complaining that there 180k over budget for the year.
Granted those budget are based are forecast and our sales are always like 200,000 cases of soda over forecast every week in the summer.

how would you have any idea what the warehouse profits each week? answer = you dont
if their 180K over budget its a no brainer for the HNICs.. would you continue to operate a business that is losing money or make changes?sucks for the employees but its reality for businesses

gl UTEOT

I worked a summer at Pepsi and it was a indeed a high-stress job.

Nah after this i really dont ever want to work for a big company again. Gonna just collect $1900 a month for unemployment and try to get my degree in the 2 year period. Sucks cause this way ill have to take out student loans. I didnt mind spending another 3 or 4 years at Pepsi so i could graduate debt free and also be vested there. Oh well.

you are part of the problem

#occupy