Ask Tomato A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 72 Comments
  • Views 7,071 Views
MrX
I've never had an office job, but I get the impression that they're at least every bit as stressful as this gig, and probably much more so.

Imagine working with a bunch of self-important assholes on an options/commodities exchange. An error in the bottom of the ninth is like a vacation.

I'm with Tomayto. Doing nothing but betting was boring bullshit. I got no enjoyment out of it but then again I don't model/code, which is an aspect that I'm sure guys like Monkey and MrX enjoy a great deal. Man and machine against markets.

GL

I've lived through all the negative feelings mentioned earlier.

But, I believe they mostly apply when you're on the bubble financially. Once your play is solid and your bankroll is comfortable it's pretty much free of stress, self doubt, etc.

Plus gambling gives you the opportunity to be creative, which many jobs don't.

The thought of me ever having to depend on a job is horrifying.

Tomato do you believe there is a "special someone" out there for you or do you believe you will die alone like Mudcat, myself and fiveteamer?

Tomato, whats the most you've paid a prostitute for a session?

so what reno you're gonna just gamble your whole life?

what legacy will you leave behind?

what will you be remembered for?

gambling?

so what reno you're gonna just gamble your whole life?

what legacy will you leave behind?

what will you be remembered for?

gambling?

What are 99.9999% of people remembered for? Their occupations? Please.

You'd have to be insecure enough to care what other people outside of your family thought about you in the first place. Even then, it wouldn't matter. You're fucking dead.

What are 99.9999% of people remembered for? Their occupations? Please.

well you are right. But I want to be remembered for something. There is nothing wrong with gambling. But when you use it (as an excuse--income) to avoid pursuing your true passions...I just don't subscribe to that type of mentality. It's a cop out. That's my opinion.

My family always used to tell me that I was living in a fantasy world. All they know is work to live. They never understood the concept of living to work and never will.

well you are right. But I want to be remembered for something. There is nothing wrong with gambling. But when you use it (as an excuse--income) to avoid pursuing your true passions...I just don't subscribe to that type of mentality. It's a cop out. That's my opinion.

My family always used to tell me that I was living in a fantasy world. All they know is work to live. They never understood the concept of living to work and never will.

Why can't someone's true passion be gambling?

How much more time do you think a professional gambler might have in their lives than someone who works 40+ hours per week to do other things that they enjoy?

Why can't someone's true passion be gambling?

How much more time do you think a professional gambler might have in their lives than someone who works 40 hours per week to do other things that they enjoy?

Because most of their time is spent in front of the T.V. Monkey. Pro gamblers spend a few hours capping each day, but we both know that they're glued to screens for the rest of the day. It gets carried away when you're an American looking for a Live Cricket Stream to root in the $300 bet you just made.

Gambling is an addiction more so than a passion. The lifestyle and the ups and downs are exhilarating for most. Gambling is like any drug. Again, there's nothing wrong with this lifestyle if you're doing well and you enjoy it.

Most people have a talent. But most are scared to search for it or pursue it. When people age, their dreams die with them.

Glued to the screen? I rarely watch the games I have money on but that may just be me (doubt it) :eyes:

Because most of their time is spent in front of the T.V. Monkey. Pro gamblers spend a few hours capping each day, but we both know that they're glued to screens for the rest of the day. It gets carried away when you're an American looking for a Live Cricket Stream to root in the $300 bet you just made.

Gambling is an addiction more so than a passion. The lifestyle and the ups and downs are exhilarating for most. Gambling is like any drug. Again, there's nothing wrong with this lifestyle if you're doing well and you enjoy it.

Most people have a talent. But most are scared to search for it or pursue it. When people age, their dreams die with them.

You are describing degenerates. Not professionals.

I haven't seen a game on tv yet this year.

I haven't seen a game on tv yet this year.

Is that because you drink alot and pass out before the games start?

( I know, I know, DIE PLOM!)

Is that because you drink alot and pass out before the games start?

I don't drink ever anymore plom, yesterday I had one beer while I grilled all day.

I spend most of my days in the kitchen, working in the yard, or at the zoo/aquarium/museum/etc. I "work" about 10 hours a week study for maybe 5 hours. Watching some stupid sporting event because I have a bet on it sounds like a terrible waste of time.

Going to plant some flowers tomorrow and do some weeding.