• Views 904 Views

stevek173

BANNED
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
and Bouch in net?

I think I would go with it depending on how much of a raise Leighton demanded. He is an unrestricted free agent so obviously he would need a lot more than the 150k or whatever it was he made this year.

What would be your move?

I'd only keep him if it was a bargain. Not gonna pay prob what he is expecting...

Stevie, the last goal of the entire season in the NHL should tell you the answer is NO IMO! Had to look it up but Leighton is 29 and played in only 103 NHL games and Boucher is 33 and played in only 280 games. The reason so low number is they are backup goalies at best. Keep the cheaper one as backup and find a new #1.

Boucher and Leighton are both back-up goaltenders on a legitimate contender. They both had a great run in the playoffs, but they seriously over-performed. I'd go after Turco or a legitimate goalie via trade; don't get married to a guy because he had a few great games at home. He was dreadful on the road, and bad in Game 6, too.

As a Hurricane fan and someone who had to watch Leighton perform over the last few years, you want to get as farrrrrrr away from this guy as you possibly can. He's terrible and a nice little mini run against a team that can't score (Montreal) doesn't change that fact.

You can't pay either of those guys starter money. You have to be happy with what they did for you this year but its time to move on. It is similar to what Conklin did for Pittsburgh last year. Fleury was pretty useless all regular season long due to injury and general shitty play. Sure Fleury came up huge during the playoffs but it was Conklin that got them there......Pittsburgh decided on passing on Conklin because he was looking for way too much money.