Anyone actually been betting baseball this spring?

• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 963 Views

Archie

SP Nation and I Ruin things
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
how are you doing? in general I can't think it is a good idea to bet spring games..... but I guess there are some edges and angles to be found. It would just be hard for me to do baseball when college hoops is in the best time of year

Nope. Supposed to be going to a Phillies-Pirates game in Clearwater in a week and a half. Maybe I'll throw something on it to make the game more exciting.

0-2 so far

First time I've ever done MLBX. The two that I've lost weren't even close. Faded the Cards (no Albert in lineup) and lost with OAK as well (you have to hate $$$ to take OAK these days).

I haven't. I don't even start betting regular season baseball until about 20 games in.

My normal methodology would involve collecting a big whack of spreadsheet data and crunching the numbers in various strategic ways. I have never gotten around to that with pre-season Baseball (or pre-season anything for that matter). Maybe someday.

So many ideas, so little time.

2 game thus far...today will be the third

Pirates +105.... opening day lineup and best pitcher vs 2 astros starters (feliz/kaz)
pirates at home, which is huge for spring games for some reason
Pirates have had 2 days of rest, stros been going hard at it for like 10 days
The lineups ...

Pirates:

1. Andrew McCutchen, CF
2. Aki Iwamura, 2B
3. Garrett Jones, RF
4. Ryan Doumit, C
5. Jeff Clement, 1B
6. Lastings Milledge, LF
7. Ronny Cedeno, SS
8. Andy LaRoche, 3B
9. Ross Ohlendorf, P

Pitchers: Ohlendorf, D.J. Carrasco, Brian Bass.

Astros:

1. T.J. Steele, CF
2. Kaz Matsui, 2B
3. Jason Michaels, LF
4. Pedro Feliz, 3B
5. Chris Shelton, 1B
6. Edwin Maysonet, SS
7. Humberto Quintero, C
8. Drew Locke, RF
9. Felipe Paulino, P

Pitchers: Paulino.

I've bet it a couple times, generally when I'm on a losing streak and just need something to break-up all the hoops and pucks. I'm attempting to resist it as much as possible; too soon it'll be all there is to bet on...ugh.

I wish. I'm always spending this time furiously hammering things into shape for the upcoming season, making myself miserable with work that could have been done better and at a leisurely pace during the preceding 6 months. I'm a little annoyed with myself right now.

plenty of time Mr. X, its a long season.... I try to only bet 1/8 to 1/4 of a unit on any baseball game before the end of april.... I usually only last about 10-14 days into the season with that though..... which is fine, because I think after 2-3 times through the rotations you can find a few guys to tail/fade and some suprises on team's lineups....

let's get em this year X

It sure is a long season. That's the main reason I've barely done any work on other sports. By the time baseball is finally over I need a 6 month vacation.

The first 3 weeks are generally pretty good for me. I start out full speed.

Ok Mr. X, make sure you start an easy to follow thread for us this year, i'm not real good at april baseball

I have a very thick skull.

That is all.

MrX
making myself miserable with work that could have been done better and at a leisurely pace during the preceding 6 months.

Hey that's the first line of my theme song!

Ok Mr. X, make sure you start an easy to follow thread for us this year, i'm not real good at april baseball

But I have a perfect four-year streak of posting 0 plays in gambling forums.

MrX isn't a ghost I have met him and drank with him (and MrsX if that matters). I am 3 and 1 in preseason ( all blue jay games go figure I live in toronto). MrX feel free to post plays...... I won't be offended if you get your ass kicked like the rest of us.... LOL Even the fucken monkey has posted plays