Any canadian whisky drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 45 Comments
  • Views 3,416 Views
Muddy, go to a meeting. The passion which you spoke with in this thread indicates you need to go to a meeting.

Matty have you tried this? I just bought a bottle and have the 1st glass on ice awaiting my first taste.

copper-pot-hero.jpg

Matty have you tried this? I just bought a bottle and have the 1st glass on ice awaiting my first taste.

copper-pot-hero.jpg

No, is it available at the LCBO? I love Forty Creek's stuff, I'm sure this is going to be badass.

First time I saw it today... It is pretty rich... had only 1 sip so far.... its at normal price too!

I let the 2nd sip sit on my tongue a bit longer. You can really taste the oak barrel and definitely a lot of crazy flavors going on... 43%

Yeh, Forty Creek is a lot sweeter and more in-your-face than Crown Royal et al. Try adding several drops of water if you find it too sweet.

Ima get a bottle on the way home, thanks for the heads up MrQ!

There is another crazy one from Quebec that is mixed with maple sap, or something here s the link.

http://tap357.com/

Oooooh.

0298091.jpg

No. I considered trying it a bunch of times but I can't bring myself to pay 80 bucks for Canadian whisky.

Do you enjoy drinking whiskey?

Do you enjoy drinking whiskey?

Very little whiskey I don't like. I can think of 2:

1) Wild Turkey 80
2) Tap 357

I even enjoy Johnnie Walker Red, and that's disgusting swill by most people's standards.

That maple shit works really well in apple cider though. Tastes like candy apple. The GF loves it.

images

bought this one for super bowl party. I have high hopes, it looks a bit pale in color though

Color means nothing. Actually a pale color usually indicates premium whisky. All the mainstream stuff is filled with E150a (caramel coloring) cause people think that darker = better. Color sells. Only those distilleries that cater to whisky nerds forego the stupid coloring.

Lagavulin and Ardbeg are world-class whiskies and they're the colour of regular piss.

images

Actually Lagavulin also puts coloring in their standard 16yo. Only a handful of distilleries don't - off the top of my head, Ardbeg, Glenfarclas & Ardmore.

Bourbon doesn't have coloring (by law). Canadian whisky is usually chock-full of it.

My Dad drinks Canadian Whiskey. My Dad wouldn't know a good whiskey if it crashed through his roof.

Bought him a bottle of JD Single Barrel Christmas of 2011 and he said with a straight face that he didn't like it.

:punchface: